3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Whats your toughest shot ?  (Read 542 times)

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Whats your toughest shot ?
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »
For me it's the tree stand shot  straight down between my feet.  I've shot high more times then I care to remember!

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »
Years ago the night before the deer opener, I had a dream.  A medium 8 pointer with a heavy body was walking by at about 15 yards.  the buck fever was so bad that i thought that I was going to die.  when I was getting ready to shoot, or try to shoot, the deer turned his head, looked straight at me and said in a deep voice,, "What do you think you're doing".  Now every time a deer comes by and looks at me, I relive that dream nearly stroke out and crap myself.  When they figure they have had enough and start to leave I jump up, step into the shot and shoot the deer.  It sure would be nice if they would look somewhere else once, but being a still hunter and ground hunter that does not happen very often.  Perhaps my new bush in a bag may help with that.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2013, 08:30:00 AM »
The wide open shot, If I have to bend,kneel,sit or just about stand on my head I can most times make the shot. Wide open in a field, no wind, sun at my back.........I will not hit where I want to or miss all together.....no matter what the target!   :dunno:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2013, 09:15:00 AM »
Yup!  10 yards or under.

I practice the close ones, but I have a mental block against them.
Ken Thornhill

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »
The bedded deer and the standing bear, I'd rather shoot the bobcat in a tree any time.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©