3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Alaska Moose Float Trip Recommendations?  (Read 363 times)

Offline blaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Alaska Moose Float Trip Recommendations?
« on: August 29, 2007, 11:37:00 AM »
Hi Guys,

A good buddy of mine is looking to go on a float trip for moose in Alaska, hopefully next fall. He is looking for recommendations on people to contact to make this happen. If any of you have any thoughts on this please post them here or e-mail me.

Thanks a lot.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Alaska Moose Float Trip Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »
I'm assuming a do it yourself float?  If so, get a hold of a book called "Hunt Alaska Now" if you can.  Tons of great information.  Alaska takes a lot of research - more than any other place I've ever been.  And the seeds you plant during the research are what will bear the fruit you havrvest later.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline The Singing Bowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »
Check out  www.bowhuntingvideos.net.  My buddy Gary Olsen has put together a list of supplies and what to expect. It's great!!
Shoot Straight,
Chad K. Slagle

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »
Blaster,

if he needs  partner let me know.  I'd like to talk to him.  Right now my fall this year is wide open (and the season is already half over!!!  still down in southeast fishing).   I might however be up for a partner next fall on a moose trip.  

I'm from Mn originally and should be home this fall for a dakota rooster hunt.  Maybe we can hook up before I head back up here.

Hunt AK now is a must.  

Larry bartletts 1st book is not worth the paper it's printed on.  His second book is ok.   He definatly is a welth of knowledge on the subject though as is the hunt ak now family (which would be my first recommendation).

You might also talk to Deltna outfitters out of delta Jct Ak and see about a drop hunt.

or better yet, talk to Stan Parkerson with Denali hunts and have him set up a drop hunt for ya.  I've guided for Stan, you wont go wrong!!!

Offline blaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »
Thanks for the info so far guys. If anyone else has done this and has any more recomendations please feel free to chime in. I'm not sure if they want to do it on their own or go outfitted.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©