3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Advice on Carbon Express 350....  (Read 487 times)

Offline meatCKR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Advice on Carbon Express 350....
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »
Big Jim - You are correct.  I only have one nock.  I will add another. I am using B-50 to just tie on nocks.  The one that I have on there already has not moved, but I will add another below it. The nock point is 1/2 inch high. After 120 shots, getting a little wear on the velcro sideplate at the very bottom of it. I've got one arrow where the fletching is kinda tore up anyway.  I will take that one and strip off the fletchings so I can bare shaft.  Thanks Big Jim!  I will get a test kit from 3 rivers and test with my current 150's.  Thanks everyone!
"Leave it as it is. You can not improve on it. The ages have been
at work on it, and man can only mar it."
- Theodore Roosevelt upon seeing the Grand Canyon.

Offline meatCKR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »
Bingo! Big Jim.  You nailed it.  Tied on a bottom nock and the bare shaft shows no left or right lean. Dead center straight.  The bare shaft showed maybe a tad bit nock high - but not bad at all.  When I shoot the fletched arrows, the are dead center straight! Awesome! Thank you so much!
"Leave it as it is. You can not improve on it. The ages have been
at work on it, and man can only mar it."
- Theodore Roosevelt upon seeing the Grand Canyon.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 06:23:00 AM »
Watch your shelf/sideplate material. It will tell you the story, or at least part of it. It should not be wearing significantly except over time.

Nock high is par for the course. I wouldn't be in a hurry to move the pt down. 1/2" is real common. It is better to have your nock pt's a little too high than too perfect or too low.
I would rather have my arrow flying down range with the tail slightly up (feathers will correct this quickly) then porposing due to it bouncing off the shelf created by low nock or perfect nock but bad release.
Best of luck...by the way, we sell test kits also.
thanks, bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
I am currently using  CE 150's at about 28.75", w/ 100 grn insert and 145-160 grn head. Seems to work out of mid 50 lb bows.  I may have to rethink that if CE did change their spine.

I would like to transition to wood, but am just getting used to a new bow and don't want to change too much yet.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©