3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Question for Thunderstick III owners  (Read 203 times)

Offline TwangThwack

• Trad Bowhunter
Question for Thunderstick III owners
« on: May 29, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »
Trying to set up arrows for TS3 it is Lefty 64" 53lbs@28"

Just looking for suggestions of where to start on buying carbon shafting. I just tried my hand at making POC woods and love it but I definitely bought them to weak...they fly decent but not great with field tips only.  So who shoots what?

brace heights?  I have mine at 7.25" measured from deepest part of grip, which the bow seems to like.

Hoping to get some hints, because I would love all the extra grains that stay in my wallets overall weight.

Just so you know where I'm coming from I would be absolutely ecstatic if I could get three arrows on a pie plate at 20yards    :biglaugh:   .
Making good wood into high end kindling since 2011

Offline hart2hart

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Question for Thunderstick III owners
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »
Twang,
Do you have enough extra length to cut a little off?That'll stiffen them up.(I take it for granted you're talking spine..not actual weight.)
You could also tweak your silencers.Larger,,position,,material.

What weight point are you shooting?
Mike

Offline TwangThwack

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Question for Thunderstick III owners
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 12:38:00 AM »
Yeah I cant go any shorter with them without risking falling off the shelf, I am going to donate them to my brother who has a lighter bow, figure lose a few bucks and get someone more into shooting.  I was using 125g fp's.  I ordered some 2018 easton legacy shafts to mess with instead. grabbed 125g and 145g fp's for them.  Until they get here Ill just shoot what we got and still be stoked even if they wag their tails all the way to the target. The thing that threw me off when I ordered 50-55 woods is neglecting that the bow is center shot or damn close to it by my eyecrometers, I didnt even think about it. Thanks for lookin out man
Making good wood into high end kindling since 2011

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©