3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Retirees Hunt Club  (Read 785 times)

Offline Flatshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Retirees Hunt Club
« on: June 01, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »
Been thinking about this for some time so I thought I'd throw it out there for feedback from some of the senior guys on this site. First,let me say that I am a lifelong hunter. I started shooting a recurve bow at 10 and never stopped. I've been fortunate to have hunted in many states and in Canada and hope to put a hunt together in Africa in the near future. I am in excellent physical condition and thank God for that every day. Now to the point. As a result of several moves since retirement, I have lost touch with many of my former friends,not many of whom were trad hunters. I suppose the absence of that common interest contributed to the loss of contact. I was wondering if there would be an interest in forming a trad hunt club or directory of guys in their 50's and 60's who would be interested in teaming up for selected hunts in and out of the country. If someone had a particular hunt they wanted to go on and had no one to accompany them, they could contact another trad hunter in the directory to see if anyone would be interested in going. I have a Newfoundland moose hunt in mind for '14. Anybody interested? Let me know what you think and if there is any interest out there. Flatshooter

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Retirees Hunt Club
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »
Yeah, I'm interested.  Been thinking about moose in 2014 too.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Longbowz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »
Interesting idea.  Sometimes there are places I'd like to go but can't always find someone else to go to make things easier.
I find the older I get, the less I used to know!

Offline Gapmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 01:52:00 AM »
I think you might be on to a good idea. I have been wanting to hunt Africa for a few years but nobody really wants to comitt because of finances in this economy and I can't really blame them. And going alone sounds really boring not being able to share an experience like that with someone. It will be interesting to see the responses you get. Don  :)
"Just passing through"

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 06:37:00 AM »
PM sent about the club you want that already exists.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 07:41:00 AM »
I think you are on to something.  The only thing I would suggest is don't limit yourself to only old people   ;)   Sure retirees have more time, but a lot of the folks still working like to hunt as well.  I've shared a lot of hunts with people younger than me and we get along just fine.  It's good to have younger backs along when animals hit the ground too!   :biglaugh:

I have gotten to know so many people through Trad Gang, by attending some of the big traditional shoots like Compton and Denton Hill, etc, and by becoming active in my state traditional organization.  I have a wealth of friendships as a result and although it isn't an organized "club", I've met and hunted with people from literally all over the country.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline PRK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 07:53:00 AM »
Yup, I'd be interested.  pm sent
Paul

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
I'm in.  When details are available I would be interested!

Offline Flatshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »
Thanks for the responses and suggestions guy. It was not my intention to create an exclusive "club" I guess I was thinking we retired guys would have a bit more time and flexibility in our schedules. Certainly the idea is open to anyone who has an interest. As soon as interest wanes (we now have about 12 interested guys after one day) I will be working on a directory document to send out to you all. It will include the names and e-mail addresses of all who responded. The idea again is to look to hook up trad members on an in state, out of state or out of country hunt. So if you're planning a hunt and would like company,you could shoot out an e-mail to everyone on the list. I will need you to send your e-mail addy to me  [email protected] so I can get to work on the project. By the way, I am currently researching outfitters for a Newfoundland moose hunt in '14. Anybody interested??? Stay well, Michael

Offline Flatshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
Now 14 and counting. If you haven't included your e-mail in your response, please get it to me so I can work on the directory. Thanks again, Michael
[email protected]

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 05:41:00 PM »
I'd be willing to put my name in the hat.  I am retired and have thought of this also.  Many times I want to go somewhere and everyone "has to work".  By the way, I already am going to NFLD for moose THIS year so I might be able to give you a heads up when I get back.

[email protected]
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline [email protected]

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 06:10:00 PM »
Email sent.  Just what I am looking for.

Bob
Beware of all enterprises that require a new suit.

Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
You might think about approaching Terry with a request for a new forum.  Kind of on the order of the current "Trade A Hunt" forum.  But in this case just a place to start threads with hunts that people are trying to put together.  Having a forum would keep in in front of more people who may not be aware of the email announcements otherwise.  

I think this whole concept is a great idea.  Lots of people have dreams of hunts but don't want to do it alone and have no idea on how to start or who to ask to go with them.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Flatshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »
Good idea Joe! I just sent Rob a lengthy e-mail explaining what this post was about and asked him to consider a separate forum devoted to sharing info on hunts Trad members might be interested in putting together.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 07:04:00 AM »
Good idea.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Flatshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 09:15:00 AM »
Waiting to hear back from Rob or Terry on the idea of a separate forum for hunting info. Over 20 guys in so far!

Offline Flatshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
Rob got back to me on the proposal and suggested the Powwow forum already provides the opportunity for any member to post info on hunting trips as well as extend invitations for others to join in a booking if it interests them. Additionally, he pointed out that the forum may provide for a broader base for responses. I agree but also feel moving ahead with the directory would provide an additional ready resource of guys who have expressed an interest in hooking up on hunting trips. Let me know what you think and if is something you'd like me to move ahead with.

Offline Dawson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
Michael count me in.
Carl

Offline Flatshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 02:25:00 PM »
Gotcha Carl!

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 04:43:00 PM »
You can add my name to the list I like to hunt a different state now and then......stabow
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©