3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which carbon for long draw length. HELP  (Read 413 times)

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
Which carbon for long draw length. HELP
« on: August 29, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »
Hey guys, I got a little bit of a dilemma.  I Finally overcame my target panic and in doing so I increased my draw length to 30".  I have currently been shooting Beman MFX 340's with a 100gr insert and 125gr head out of an A&H Archery ACS CX 58# @ 30".  Total arrow length 30".  Total arrow weight 590.  My problem is that these arrows are bareshafted and shoot well at 30" in length when I had a 29" draw.  If I leave the same arrow an inch or so longer it will bareshaft weak.  Just wondering if I should try a diffrent arrow like Grizzlysticks or AD Trads or should I stay with the Bemans and not worry about it?  By the way, I 'm leaving for an elk hunt in 2 1/2 weeks and can't very well have my broadheads hitting the front of my riser.  Thanks
Cade
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Offline Gil

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Which carbon for long draw length. HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 01:42:00 AM »
Beman 300 would do it.I think..  :knothead:  

Gil
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.Right next to the mashed potatoes.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind."

COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS

Offline Al Dean

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 01:50:00 AM »
I think they will work just fine an inch longer.  Not that much change on the bemans.  If you are concerned about it cut your 100 gr inserts off 1/4 to 75 grains+- .  Just be sure to cut all the same.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »
Thanks fellas, hadn't thought about cutting the inserts off.  Thanks, Cade.

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 12:10:00 PM »
Sneaky,, just went threw the exact thing with the Beman mfx 340s and was very concerned as I love those shafts.. I draw 30and 1/4 from 29 in the past.and arras cut to 30.they wee a little stiff. any how as you mentioned My broadhead actually began hitting my shelf...anyway bought some new 340 installed insert 100grn and 125 point and left full length and pulling around 62 on my Morrison takedown.. yowza just what the doc ordered , nothing but knock on the way down and straight to point of aim.out to 20 yds. then swithced to my heavier limbs and yawza again at around 67 lbs...Now with these arras i got 600grn even and they are moving at 190 fps +- 1fps...I am stoked...
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »
Thanks strick9, I think I got it figured out.  Found a Axis 300 laying around and stuck a 100 gr insert in it along with 125 gr head and started bareshafting.  Got her shooting good and total arrow length is 31 1/2.  It's a little longer than I would like but it shoots good and I don't have to worry about it hitting my finger or riser when I draw down on a big ol' bull.  Thanks for all the input.

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »
Strick9 wouldn't be kin to Pete Strickland in Charleston would ya? I'm having the same problem with arrows and think I'm gonna try some 300's.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »
Cut some to 31"s and than use a 50 grain brass insert and a 125 grain head with a short adapter alum.(25grs.) for a total of 200 up front. I bet it flies very well for ya. Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©