3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Question for Hill Country Bobcat owners  (Read 674 times)

Offline azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Question for Hill Country Bobcat owners
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »
I just got my Bobcat. It is 56" 47# @28".  I draw 28".  I need to take some pictures. Here are my thoughts after shooting it for the first time today. Fit and finish is excellent. The wood on this bow is probably the best looking wood i have ever had on a bow. Very nice grip. It points well and is very stable probably due to the forward handle/belly mounted limbs. It is very quiet and has no hand shock. It has very good speed. I have owned a lot of bows and this one is one of my favorites. I really could not be more pleased. Mine has the longbow limbs. This bow is a winner and I will bet this bow becomes very popular. There is just something about this design with belly mounted limbs that makes it easy to shoot. It is a short bow but doesn't shoot like a short bow. Very forgiving for a short bow.

Offline hunthold

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
Azhunter make sure you post some pics. I'm waiting for some wood to dry and then roman can build mine. Looking forward to it!

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 05:48:00 AM »
TTT for Dave.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 05:43:00 AM »
Kenny, how does this bow shoot compared to the K-2? And what are the stats on the try before you buy bobcats? Thanks.

I have had the pleasure of shooting and/or owning a lot of very nice bows, and my Hill Country K-2 has not been beaten in any category! It out performs every bow that I own, while being quieter, and smoother at the shot, with the same heavy arrows as some bows that are 4-5#'s heavier in draw weight. It's only drawback is that 60" is a little longer than I like for a hunting bow. How about a 52-54" Bobcat?
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline coconutdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
Pheonixarcher, I shot the try before you buy bobcat, it was 48# @28. It shot fantastic! Now having said that, I ordered a K-2. I wanted to stay with a longer bow. I hunt from treestands and I'm ok with a little more length, in fact I ordered a 62" bow.
Someday you'll regret the things you didn't do.
Michigan Bowhunters  (life member)
Michigan Longbow Assc.
NRA  (life member)

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 09:20:00 PM »
Paul, the 56" Bobcat with Hybrid limbs shoots every bit as good as the K-2, I think better.
It's the quietest bow Roman currently makes. Alot of guys are surprised at the performance. They say it shoots like a longer bow.

The try before you buy works like this; you paypal or send a check for the full amount of the bow you want to try. We hold your money until the bow is returned. If you buy that bow, the transaction is done. If you order a bow, we refund your money, minus your deposit.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 12:23:00 AM »
I can't imagine a bow that shoots better or quieter than my K-2! As I said, I've shot a lot of really nice bows, and very few can come even close to this bow! If the Bobcat is quieter, it must make no sound at all. Thanks for the replies guys. Kenny, I may have to give you a call soon.
Ps, sorry for hijacking the thread, but it was an old post. I hope no one minds.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©