3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bonjour from france !!  (Read 817 times)

Offline jean-vincent

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bonjour from france !!
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 04:58:00 PM »
muchas gracias !!
i only went a couple of time to spain , to barcelona for reptiles exposition .never took  the time to visit .. perhaps one day .
jack of all trades , master of none !!
 http://lames-de-jv.e-monsite.com/

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 05:53:00 PM »
Bienvenue!  :campfire:

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
Welcome!   :campfire:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Angus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
Bienvenue, Jean-Vincent!
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington

Offline jean-vincent

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 01:03:00 AM »
merci !!

Offline Tron

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »
Welcome!  It sounds like you have a wonderful place to hunt and shoot your bow, and judging by those pictures, some beautiful animals to chase.  I personally hunt deer over here with a 42# bow.  I believe as long as your bow meets the legal standards required to hunt in your area, you can hunt with it.  Its all about where the arrow hits the animal. Again welcome, I'm looking forward to hearing your stories!
"It's repetition of affirmations that leads to belief, and once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen." - Ali

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 01:33:00 AM »
That cerf looks very elkish.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline jean-vincent

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 01:41:00 AM »
merci !!
i won't forget to let you know my "adventures" ..
it's true that your elk look like our cerf , the two of them are from the cervus family :
Cervus elaphus end Cervus canadensis but they are two different species (DNA research ).

Offline Medic85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
Welcome from Florida.

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »
Welcome from Indiana.  I commend you guys over there that manage to get out and bowhunt - some opportunities in France, but tough to find places compared to what we have here.  My wife is French (from Altorf, small town near Strasbourg) and I've been trying to get onto Sanglier there for several years.  Not only do I have to work thru the French regulations, but Alsace has some different laws than the rest of the country!

Beautiful area - chasing cerf in the Vosges would be a dream.

We keep a few of the European traditions alive here - we have a Teckel that we use to blood track animals - not very common in the US.

FWIW - to the American folks, cerf are the same as the red deer hunted in other parts of Europe, New Zealand, and South America.  Chevreuil are roe deer, and are neat little critters - the does have delayed ova-implantation, as I understand, so the rut is in like May-June and the stags lose their antlers in the winter - opposite to whitetails.  Sanglier are the true European wild hogs.

R

Offline jean-vincent

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2013, 01:19:00 AM »
merci !!
yes alsace is a bit special in france they don't have the same rules a every where else in france .. but i'd says ...france is a bit special ...

if you don't use special dogs to find an injured games , how do you manage ...
here we got dogs trained to follow blood up to 36hours later for the best .even if you don't have such a dog, you phone some people (they're member of a group ,association who love the job of the dog and and helping other hunter , ) who own one and it'll come the day after if it's possible for him .

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »
JV - very few dogs in use here.  Certainly less than 1% of the bowkilled animals are recovered with the use of trained blood tracking dogs, and I would say that less than 5% of the hunters have ever even seen a trained blood tracking dog.  

Typically folks do the blood tracking themselves by eye - if you hit your animal good, no problem, hit him not so good and it can get difficult.  In the worst case guys get several friends and do a grid type body search for the animal.  

We do blood tracking on call, and people are really surprised when we show up with a Teckel - they aren't considered hunting dogs here!  Tell your German friends that Teckels aren't hunting dogs and see what response you get!

We did VSwP testing through the DTK last year and our dog took a first prize in both the 20 hour and 40 hour tests as a 3 year old.  He is one of only 2 dogs I know of in the United States to have 2 first prize awards in VSwP.  To be fair, though, many of the dogs used here aren't eligible for testing as they aren't bred or registered according to FCI standards.

R

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
Jean-vincent,
I believe I read once that there was a minimum arrow weight in France of 30 grams (roughly 462 grains, but I may be losing my mind also.

Either way I think your'e fine with 45#, and I think with a decent arrow weight (say 550-600 grains) you should be ok shooting a red deer with a 2 blade cut-on-contact head. Obviously with roe deer being much smaller, you'll have no problems there.

Offline jean-vincent

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »
thank's !!
bravo , for your job on training your dog !!!
i love german breed of dogs , generally they are nice and good .
i've got a korthal and a fox but next one will be a drathaar
-from last year , there is no more minimum weight for arrows ..
2 blade cut on contact head ?? if you got a link ...

Offline jean-vincent

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
it's ok i got it .
to get to that kind of weight , is it better to take aluminium or carbon with heavy blade or light blade with added weight .
i can't discus that kind of thing in france ... it would start a big messy discussion ..

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
Welcome to Trad Gang. Good hunting! Your 45# bow will do just fine. Be sure to use very sharp broadheads. Post pictures of your successes.
Sam

Offline ca

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ryan Rothhaar:

We do blood tracking on call, and people are really surprised when we show up with a Teckel - they aren't considered hunting dogs here!  Tell your German friends that Teckels aren't hunting dogs and see what response you get!

We did VSwP testing through the DTK last year and our dog took a first prize in both the 20 hour and 40 hour tests as a 3 year old.  He is one of only 2 dogs I know of in the United States to have 2 first prize awards in VSwP.  To be fair, though, many of the dogs used here aren't eligible for testing as they aren't bred or registered according to FCI standards.

R
Congrats on the efforts you already put into the dog.
We had  teckels(wire-haired dachshund) when I was a kid,they sure have their own head...........sometimes they are stubborn monsters.Good thing is their compact size,you can put them in you back pack(no kidding).
Hunting without dogs is just not the same.
Here is my current companion,Berry.
15 month of age 1.5 hours of training each day,he is already in a very ,very good stage.
Sorry for the little off topic.
Pic was taken on his 1. birthday in Feb.

No Country for Old Men

Offline jean-vincent

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »
i could not think of hunting without a dog .. i'll just have to train them differently for bow hunting ..

Offline T Mowery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
Accueil à bord de Jean-Vincent ! C'est sans aucun doute, le meilleur site traditionnel sur le Web aujourd'hui. Beaucoup de personnes très knowdgeable, avec une quantité d'expérience à partager.
I think food is important and if you don't know how to cook, it's tragic." Julia Child

Offline jean-vincent

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »
merci , je me suis bien aperçu que c'etait un site au top !!par la somme de connaissance qu'ont y trouve ..et les gens super sympa qui si promene ./ i noticed it was a top forum , by the amount of knowledge it content and the coll people walking around ..

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©