3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New model Pittsley Predator 'Impact' arrived. Man - far out!!  (Read 351 times)

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
Wow - I had a Pittsley Predator a few yrs ago and foolishly sold it.  I am just getting back into archer after a bit of a hiatus.  I only have my J/J Firefly longbow, and needed something with a bit more punch.

I rang the dealer in Canberra (Australia) the other day and he did not have any Hunters in my spec's.   He only had the brand new 'Impact' model.   It is so new, there were no photos on the Hunter's Niche and no information on it.  I just ordered it in faith.

Man - what a sick, wicked, crazy bow.   Just managed to shoot it today and it is a tack driver.  It has a lower B/H than the normal Predator, so is even quicker than that one!@$%^!!

It is not as quiet as my F/F, so I will have to try to quieten it a bit.  However, it is much more accurate than my F/F, and just slams the arrows where I point.

It shoots the 3555 Goldtips beautifully, but is shooting all of my woods in a different place.   They are all bunching beautifully but are at 7 o'clock - low and to the left.   Can somebody tell is that weak or too stiff, and do I lower the nocking point or lift it up?

She is 62 inch, 48# at my draw (29 1/2).  It did not say what the timber is but I think it is Dymanwood on the riser and red elm on the limbs.

May somebody put my photos up for me please.  I can do the photobucket thing but don't know how to have the pic's come up.

Cheers

Sutto

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/2013-06-02164708.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/2013-06-02164656.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/2013-06-02164649.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/2013-06-02164633.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/2013-06-02164628-1.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/2013-06-02164625.jpg
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline T-Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New model Pittsley Predator 'Impact' arrived. Man - far out!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 08:29:00 AM »
Great looking Bow, You right that is a different looking Bow.  I have never seen a bow with limbs shaped that way.     :bigsmyl:
William

JD Berry Valor 66” 45@28
Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Offline Nativestranger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »
Sweet looking bow! I think that wood is call futurewood. No idea how it compares to Dymondwood. Am I right to say the only change from the old predator is slightly less deflex in the riser? The limbs look the same to me?
Instinctive gapper.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
The only difference would be the wave in the riser as far as I can see. I have a few Predators - tried to add another but it did not work out.

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
That's a beauty! Good luck with it this up coming season.
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
I have 3 predators, if it shoots better, faster,or smoother than the ones I have than I'll have to get one!
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
way more then just a wave in the riser difference, look at the limb bed angle, limb wedges etc...

Offline FarmerMarley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »
Oh man! A new predator?
Where can one find more info about this bow?! I just tried going to the Hunter's Niche website and it is not loading (it seems like recently the website is frequently not working).

I love the Predator classic and hunter, I wonder how else this model differs? I wish they would make a 64" bow, I have a 62" classic right now.

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
Yea Farmermarley - I would really like to know.  I guess I am lucky to have one in my hot little hands, but even the distributor whom I bought it off in Canberra, did not know much about it.  He said it is their latest model and he had just received a few in.

It came in the Pittsley box and it just says 'Impact' on the side, not Predator like the other one.  It is definitely a new model.  Comparing the photos with my old one, you can see the difference.

I don't know where to find out anything about it.  I had a good look on Hunter's Niche site last Monday when I ordered it, but there was absolutely nothing about this new model.

It was more expensive than the Hunter Model.  The dealer had the Hunter and that was around 700 dollars, the traditional Custom was 900 dollars and I paid 900 for the Impact.

All I know is it is one hell of a bow and shoots like a rocket launcher.

I have always loved my F/F bows, but man this thing makes them seem really slow (not that you can compare because they are only a R/D longbow, not a recurve).

If anybody finds out anymore information on it can you put it up on here or p/m me - thanks.

Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »
Congrats on the new bow.  Your woodies are thicker than the carbons so if they're the same spine, they're going to act/shoot stiffer because the center of the arrow is further from the center of the bow.  Fix is to shoot a softer spine or add a bit of weight to the woodies.

Are the carbons and woodies the same physical weight.  If the woodies are heavier, one would expect them to shoot a little lower.

If that's not it, you may want to try raising your nock point a bit.    Sounds counterintuitive, I know.  However, if your nock point is on the low side to begin with, the thicker shaft  will nock the arrow even lower, which usually makes the arrow shoot higher.  Unless, the tail of the arrow is coming into contact with the riser as it leaves the bow, causing it to kick up, and the point down.

Good luck.

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
Good looking bow!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »
Awesome!  :clapper:

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 09:05:00 PM »
Hey Orion - Thanks so much for taking time with the tips.   I will fiddle around with that today and see how I go.

Cheers

Sutto

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »
Sutton,

Is the grip the same as the Predator? The grip on the Predator I had was "beefy". Didn't really bother me too much, and I shot it well, but the bows I now have are much smaller.
Chuck

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »
Here's the pics of your bow:

58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
Akbowbender

The grip seems to suit me fine, but is a bit different to a lot I have had.  It is quite deep, has plenty of palm swell, but is fairly narrow in the throat.  I like them a bit thicker in the throat of the grip.

Having said that though, it does fit me well and when I do everything right, it is a very accurate bow.

Also, it is one of the sweetest drawing bows I have ever shot.

ishootforthrills - thanks for putting my pic's up.  I haven't worked out how to do that yet.

sutto

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »
That looks sharp!

I had a Predator for a while and that thing was fast.

Offline FarmerMarley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »
I'm not supposed to be buying anymore bows right now...why did I have to see this?!

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 05:35:00 AM »
Yes FarmerMarley - you definitely need one of these.   I guess you just have to convince your better half!@#!!

Sutto

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©