3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stickflingers Experience Learning so much..So far from home. Pics added 6-8  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
great pics mike thxs for sharing your story
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline talltines

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
It was a another great week at Stickflingers.  As usual, Ryan and the guides did their job and more.  Great camp, great food, hard working guides, lots of bears, etc.  Couldn't ask for more.  The fact that my cooler came home with dirty clothes in it and no bear is my own fault.  The opportunities were there, but in the end I didn't close the deal.  Instead of writing the final chapter on a bear, a new one has begun.  I'm not even sure how many bears I saw.  Lot's of 'em.  Also saw moose, grouse, wolf, whitetail, lots of waterfowl, and a cow elk.  Thanks again to everyone in camp for making it such a great week.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
As you all know, that is part of hunting.  Thanks for leaving that one Mike, I'll do my best to bring him home next year.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline twowolvesarchery

• Trad Bowhunter
Herdbull that sounds like the bear i saw on the road bait. Tall long and face was rubbed out. I wonder how far those baits are apart from one another. You are more of a man then me i was going to shoot him if presented with a shot. There's always next year.

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
From Ladder,  Determination is a little over 2 miles...I am a bear hunting newbie but I would think it is doable for a long-legged old boar  :)  

Sounds like the bears were moving but none of the big boys came to play for very long. Next year will be crazy!
Mike Davenport

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
twowolves- Road bait is several miles from Ladder, so in a straight line to Determination the road bait would be over 7 miles I'd guess.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
Hopefully the one I passed will get as big as the one I took in 2012. Here is the mount I did myself. I'm happy how it turned out.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
What a beast Mike!
Mike Davenport

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Nice mount!
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline JMG

• Trad Bowhunter
Beautiful mount Mike!! Great job!!   :thumbsup:

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
From Ladder to Determination is 3.99 miles according to my GPS.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
That mount looks great Mike!  Well done!

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Wow my GPS must not like Canada, RY   :)   must get confused by the metric system.

There have been some giants killed at Ryan's place. This year there were many factors that prevented a 3-peat of giants in my opinion: the weird late spring, the green up with fiddlehead ferns the bears love, and sows not in heat but still with cubs. He also had some picky hunters like me looking for a certain bear.

The guides, the food, the accommodations, and the company of other wonderful guys in camp will bring me back as soon as Ryan will have me. The giant bears are just gravy on the potatoes...

Mike Davenport

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Mike D. and Mike M.-
On your full body mounts, how big is the base?  Wondering how many square feet that type of mount takes up?

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
Mine is a rectangle I made 60" by 20". I put casters on it. I have since added more debri like pine cones, dry sticks and river stone. Mike

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for the info Mike.  Glenn

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Mine is 48" by 30" and rolls. The footprint of the mount is about 6 feet by 3 feet. The expense of a full body mount was a bit shocking but if I ever shoot another bear that big, I'll do it again! Now if I could kill an 8 footer like my hero Mike, I might do something even grander    :campfire:
Mike Davenport

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thank you too for the info.  Glenn

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Mike and Mike,

Dream bears for certain.  I hope to get a crack at one of those 7+ bears in the next trip or so.  The color bears are starting to turn my head too.  The good news is both are available at Ryans and sometimes in the same package, right Mike D.!

D.P.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©