3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow Fabrication - Suggestions for saw, jigs, etc  (Read 534 times)

Offline ArrowCraCra

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow Fabrication - Suggestions for saw, jigs, etc
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 11:00:00 AM »
Jojan multi jig or Blitz?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.

John Wayne

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »
Bitz all the way! IMO
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »
It does take a little investing to get good quality products. Aluminum and carbon, would suggest an arrow cut off tool. Cuts them clean and accurately.

Personally, I would invest in 3 Bitzenbergers either RW or LW Helical. AMG or Trueflight feathers from a Sponsor here along with your glue and possibly stains.

I use 91% Isopropyl to clean my shafts. If your not going to crown dip/apply arrow wraps, then pick out a color stain you like and seal your shafts with Minwax Poly (Wood shafts only). For wood/aluminum, I prefer Snap on nocks. Carbon shafts come with nocks.

I'm old school...still crown dip all my arrows with Bohning products and use Bohning glue. Hot melt for inserts/points/broadheads. Carbon/Aluminum I like JB Weld 6 hr cure for inserts.

Again, from a good nock/point taper tool to all your building needs can be had right here from a good Sponsor.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »
Without hesitating, find yourself a Bitzenberger Jig. I got a used one from my local archery shop. I asked if they had any old shop equipment they wanted to sell and made out with a great jig at a great price.
For tapering the ends of the arrow a Traditional Only Taper tool cost 7 bucks and does the job perfectly,Bohning Fletch tape allows me to get 6  arrows fletched and ready in less than an hour easy. I have arrows fletched with tape over 5 years without any issues at all.I love to use the clear arrow wraps I get from Kustom King Archery, real sleek looking wraps. If you finish your arrows in a gloss finish, the clear wraps will look as if you did actually painted the lines on. And the best nocks I have used are T nocks.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline Docdevin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
I shot aluminum for many years.  We used to stump shoot all the time and I was the best shot I ever was while doing that.  But you know you have to use those carbon arrows nothing else will work...and they explode on something you didn't know was in the dirt and...well I don't stump shoot like I used to and I am not as good of a shot as I once was.  So I am wanting to start building some arrows for my traditional equipment and I like the idea of going back to aluminum for my traditional.  I shoot goldtip traditional, you guessed it, carbon arrows now and I really like them but I won't just shoot them all the time anywhere like I used to.  So the question is, I have a lot of turkey feathers saved up right and left wing can I buy a jig and an extra clamp of the opposite wing and fletch a bunch of right and then turn around and fletch a big batch with the other clamp?  Which jigs will allow me to do this.  I know the Bitzenburger will but will the Bohning red jig?  Thanks for your help.  I like the idea of the tubing cutter being so simple too on the aluminum.  I would like to do wood shafts too but I may be too hard on equipment for that, do they hole up very well and what woods are more durable?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©