3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PAYING for St Jude's Items  (Read 844 times)

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
PAYING for St Jude's Items
« on: June 05, 2013, 07:05:00 AM »
I still see a lot of questions posed regarding paying for St Jude's items.  This is cut and pasted from the information at the top of each auction forum:

After the Auction

OK guys and gals here’s what is gonna happen. At the deadline we will lock down all the threads then we'll go thru and list the winners with totals. Please be patient.

You will need to pay via paypal, check or M/O, written to St Jude Children’s Research Hospital As we receive payments we’ll post on the thread, "payment received" and that it’s OK to ship items. The winner and donor will need to be in contact with each other to make sure everything happens the way it’s supposed to. You can click on each other's handle and either email or PM from the Profile screen.

Paying for your treasures -

Please note If payment is not received within a couple weeks, unless ya got a pretty good excuse the next highest bidder will have the option of paying for the item. I don't want to hurt the Kid's total $ but stringing the payments out over a month or two really disrupts things.

There's a couple ways to settle up after the auction and I'd really appreciate being done within a couple weeks. Please include you real name, TG handle, LINK TO THREAD(S)and all Auction info with correspondence.

You can pay with check or M/O written to St Jude Children's Research Hospital, (please do not write them to me or Trad Gang) and mailed to

Walt Francis
2917 Rose Street
Bozeman, MT 59718

Or you can pay via Paypal.com Click on the link and log in or register then click on "Send Money" enter [email protected] in the "pay to" space, be sure to reference "Trad Gang St Jude Auction" then just follow the instructions. When making you payment you can choose goods,services under purchase and under personal if you select gift you don't have to pay the 3%.

Please give us all the info from your particular auction, reference Trad Gang ST Jude Auction, item, donor, both your name and TG handle . With a few hundred items it gets real confusing for this ol country boy.

Have fun, Bid high, Bid often!!

Thanks from the Kids!
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: PAYING for St Jude's Items
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
Thanks for not outbidding me on the Grizzly there Gregg.

PP sent last night following these instructions. Easy as eating apple pie with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!

This is the key part though if paying by PP.

Please give us all the info from your particular auction, reference Trad Gang ST Jude Auction, item, donor, both your name and TG handle.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 07:57:00 AM »
I put my check in the mail this morning to Walt.  I appreciate all the effort he, and the other moderators do for this great cause.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
Easy done, no gift option anymore
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline German Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
I was one that asked the question since it wasn't so "cut and dry" as the instructions seem to read. There's a couple steps not listed and the gift option must no longer be available. Here's the link to my question and what others noticed too....
 http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=128557

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
On the thread German Dog posted, Kelly posted the best answer based on what I saw (and did):

"There no longer is a "gift" part-now you need to use the "Send money to friends and family". There is no fee if the money comes direct from your checking account.   :readit:  

If you use the "Send money for goods and services" then St Judes is charged 3% of which you should add that amount to your purchase so the KIDS get all of your bid."   :thumbsup:  

I did the "Send money to friends and family" allowed the money to come from my checking account, and put the additional info on the final page before sending.  No fees to St. Judes or me, and the kids have the money!
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Ladams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »
Paypal last night,
Easy as pie
Soverign balistick 62"62#@28
Soverign balistick 62"60#@28
Krewson Snakey Osage 64" 52#@28
Seven lakes longbow 64" 59#@28
Moab 62"58#@28"
Big Jim thunderchild 58" 50@28"

Offline oldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
Paypal on all my items as I won them. Never found how to send as a gift so I payed the fees. No problem with doing that. Every penny helps the kids
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
My checks in the mail to Walt,thanks again for all you guys do for the kids.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »
Paid mine (though I only won one - but it was a goodie for me) with PayPal (always do) and I just added extra money over my winning bid to cover the 3%, plus a little extra for the kids. Just wish I could do more, MORE,    MORE     :archer:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »
Paid mine forgot to reference trad gang though
I love Bow Hunting

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
Thanks for the additional information on PayPal.  I don't use that so it is good to have people that do offer input based on recent experience.

As you probably already noticed, Doug had started posting payment received on the auctions.  It is not a minute-by-minute deal so give it a couple of days after you pay before you expect to see it show up.  There are a lot of items and he is doing all the PayPal stuff by himself.  

Likewise with Walt and the checks.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »
PP payment sent. Thanks Trad Gang!

Offline WhiteBeard121

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »
I appreciate the extra info as computers are not WhiteBeard friendly. But, no problem, the paypal thingie worked fine for me.

My first St. Jude auction, looking forward to next year. God Bless the kids!

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »
Just made out a check to St Judes and mailed it to Mr Francis, is this correct?

Cash donation, didn't bid on anything,

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »
Yes, Jon that I'd correct.  Everybody, please make all checks and money orders out to St. Jude's.

Thanks,
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Online Chumster

• BOEUF 2019
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 08:39:00 PM »
Make the payment, contact the donor, wait for Mods to verify.
Pretty smooth, actually! rc
Never wait too long!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 09:49:00 PM »
I tried the PayPal thing, but it only accepts 300 characters in the description.  I couldn't fit in all the details needed - guess I bought too much!
Went the old fashioned route and am sending a check and a note.   :)
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Whip:
I tried the PayPal thing, but it only accepts 300 characters in the description.  I couldn't fit in all the details needed - guess I bought too much!
Went the old fashioned route and am sending a check and a note.    :)  
That's funny. I tried adding a three letter word and had already reached my max. But I was able to get my item details entered.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
Yep, Walt, check is in the mail, literally, as of this morning.

Billy
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©