3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Best advice you have recieved on Tradgang  (Read 1071 times)

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
Best advice you have recieved on Tradgang
« on: June 05, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
What's the best advice you have received on this forum? Hunting, bow set up, arrows, hunt advice scouting, shooting etc.

What is the best that made you better or turned on the light?
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Best advice you have recieved on Tradgang
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 08:48:00 PM »
That's tough.  I guess the thing that has helped me the most is reading all the posts I can find about form.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:52:00 PM »
"one" Shot shooting session. As real as advice comes.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Offline Bruinbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
I have experimented with arrow shelf material for about 4 mo. and I have even asked the Trad Gang what they preferred and the most common answer was Velcro . Well I haven't found a thing that can beat it but as far as the price it can't be beat . Thanks Trad Gangers .

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
Also appreciate the ELK threads like Fitness, DIY Hunts, Gear Lists, Elk Tips. I have learned alot and DIY is fairly easy.............until your sucking air thru a straw in the Mountains. LOL.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »
Bruinbow ever try Beaver tail as a rest? Works great on my Cari-bow Silver Fox.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »
Stay away from the Bow classified forum....lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »
Sloooowwww down on my shots! Seems shooting to fast can become a horrible habit but since slowing down my shots, my shooting has improved greatly.
Thanks to those who are wiser than I !!!!
   :notworthy:    :notworthy:

Offline pamike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
If you want to try some different bows check out the classifieds!!! I think my wife would have a different answer......

Seriously - I have got a ton of great advice BUT Joel Turner's suggestion to call him to teach me how to use a physcotrigger and mantra has COMPLETELY changed my shooting ability. Thanks CLICKERMAN!
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »
A while back I started a thread in the collecting/history section about 1960 Bear Kodiaks...Wade Phillips came out to play and I learned an awful lot about those bows in a big hurry...I think there were well over an hundred posts on that thread and I think we advanced the knowledge base considerably...just wish I could find that thread again
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline wisconsinteacher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
If you are going to go trad go 100% or nothing.  I have not touched a compound in over a 15 months and shot 2 deer my first year with my Grizzly.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 10:55:00 PM »
"STOP BUYING SO MANY BOWS CHUCK!!!"     :knothead:   haha, actually just the opposite, we're all a bunch of textbook 'enablers' around here!

Gotten some great advice on shooting.  This place is hours and hours of reading enjoyment.  My favorite site on the web bar none, hence my high post count in less than a year.  My post count doesn't even scratch the amount that I've read and learned...and of course shopped!  Hey my logic is at least its not clothes or shoes     :laughing:      :laughing:

In all seriousness the tips and knowledge on this site have led me from initially sitting in a stand seeing nothing to hunting on the move and actually spotting game almost every time I go out in recent memory.  That in itself is priceless.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Stumpknocker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »
I have learned tons here, but would have to say that rotational draw and shooting form refinement top my list.
Let's go to the woods and learn things about life (Penelope, age 4, to me).  

plx osage 62" 56@28
sax bocote 60" 54@28
Morrison Shawnee 56" 56@28

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »
Always stand up wind of KsBowman!!!

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 11:35:00 PM »
Simply learning what a proper draw looks like.  Us mountain boys sometimes just go with whatever we figure out, but to see a proper one up close (even in a picture) was like a light turning on in my head.

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
I learned a lot about bareshafting here on TG.  

Another big one was when someone posted that the best way to find arrows lost in the grass in the backyard is to take off your shoes and socks and feel for them with your bare feet.  That one has saved me a lot of time and frustration!
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
It's a toss up between 2 suggestions I received from fellow TG members.

First one, "don't get started collecting broadheads".  I didn't listen, and now, 500 broadheads later.....

Second one, the real bowdoc told me if I could find a way to skive the front edge of my feather rests they'd sell. I did and now I can't make them fast enough. Lol

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline britt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
Get help from Rod Jenkins. Go to his clinic.
"My gratitude speaks when I care and when I share the trad. way"

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 11:03:00 AM »
The best ways to open up nocks. With boiling water or filing them a little. It seems so simple,but I don't know if I ever would have thought of it on my own.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »
KEEP IT SIMPLE
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©