3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What's Your Favorite HILL Style GLOVE??  (Read 386 times)

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
What's Your Favorite HILL Style GLOVE??
« on: June 06, 2013, 01:26:00 AM »
Hey all,

I am a sucker for gloves.  I have been on a search for many years, as have most of you, to find the perfect glove.  I have yet to find it.

I have a glove that I picked up used from a seller here in the Classifieds.  I love this glove except for one thing, it has inserts in the finger stalls.

It isn't the carbon copy HILL style that you see on their website, rather this is longer finger stalls, THICK leather, the typical split into 3 strips for each finger that extends to the elastic piece around the wrist.  I don't have any pics of it or I would post it for you to see.

I have been looking for a duplicate to this glove but without the inserts.  These things prevent my fingers from even forming the slightest curl on the string and I like getting some kind of "grip" on the string when I draw.

So in the hopes that someone else names or shows their favorite glove and it's similar to mine where I can get one without these darned inserts, I would like to hear and see what you all prefer in the HILL STYLE gloves.

I also like the Hill gloves that they sell on their site.  I had a Deluxe but sold it because I felt as though it would take the better part of my natural life to even get it somewhat broken in.

I might try the basic version and see if they can give me slightly longer stalls on it.  That might be a great glove too.

If all else fails, I am going to pay a visit to one of the numerous cowboy boot repair shops around me and see if I can get one of them to make me one how I like.

So, what do you like or have liked in these style gloves?  Of course, PICS are always encouraged and welcomed.

I'll try and get a pic of mine and post it tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Nalajr

P.S.  Has anyone tried that glove by BEAR called the TRADITIONAL (I think)?  It's over $20 and lighter in color, but looks like it would be a good glove.  I'd like to hear some feedback on it.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What's Your Favorite HILL Style GLOVE??
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 02:09:00 AM »
Have had a HH Deluxe for many years. Best I've ever used.
Hap

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 02:50:00 AM »
Bateman all the way w inserts cordovan can be had without inserts.
Arrow_Flynn

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 07:47:00 AM »
Nala,
Call Craig at HHA. He WILL make you a standard glove (no inserts) with longer stalls.  Great price , great gloves
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
Bateman!!
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©