3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Apologies to everyone for delays  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
Apologies to everyone for delays
« on: January 19, 2007, 11:32:00 AM »
This post is directed to those who have ordered from me and have been waiting longer than anticipated. I don't like to have anyone wait so long but have had several issues arise since last year with health and family.

Just wanted to explain that I worked for a specific trucking company for over 10 years that services Wisconsin and Illinois. I managed, drove and did a lot of lifting/dockwork, dispatching, pretty much ran the terminal for the most of it. I'm not sure what has caused my pain in my side (trying to rule it out with testing) but are not sure what it is yet.
Due to this severe pain, I am not able to work this anymore and have been at home since mid of last year. The wonderful owners are willing to hold my position for me until I get better but it does'nt look as if I will be able to resolve this until I know what it is.

It also has slowed down some of my leatherwork activities on top of other unexpected depressing family issues that have been taking a toll on me.

On top of it I cut my right hand index finger pretty bad and could not use it for awhile until the cut vein could heal without reopening up from pressure.

It's just me making them so it's difficult sometimes to get them made in the normal time that I would like or quote. You all are the best folks and it really bothers me to have anyone wait longer or as long as some of you have.
The kids quivers are finishing up and are just about finished from the contest and will post very soon.

Frank makes his own sheaths for his knives so even though I would love to help him, I can't even do that until I get caught up.

Just about finished up with Danny's and Terry's from St. Judes (the beadwork took longer than hoped) and have been waiting on specific supplies/availability for the decoration on Terry's and Ken's is as well.

So thank you all for bearing with me and also for your patience and understanding.

Shell

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Apologies to everyone for delays
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »
Prayers sent for you and your family Shell
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »
Your stuff is worth the wait Shell! I'll be up to see you and what's his name again soon. LOL!!
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »
ya don't need to apologize to anyone on here Shell!!! for all you and Frank do for people on this site a little wait is no problem!! hope ya continue to get better and if theres anything i can do for ya give me a shout.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »
Shell....
    I was thinking of you lately and was just about to e-mail you.
    Sorry to hear your down....I do pray you'll you'll be back to your normal self soon....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 12:35:00 PM »
Shell, you and Frank are great folks and the people on here are behind you and will wait for whatever it takes to get things done. My prayer is that everything will work out in His time, for His Glory!!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »
Shell, Just get better, the guys here will understand and wait. Prayers sent for you and your family.

Regards,
Bill
Aim Small

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 12:54:00 PM »
Shell! I thought you had dropped off the face of the earth! Whew! Glad you didn't! I am so sorry to hear that things are really hard on ya right now, but we are all hopin and prayin that you get back to normal as soon as possible. Like I always tell ya.....yours and Frank's craftwork is second to none and more than worth the wait. I was just worried something bad had happened to you, cause I hadn't seen hide nor hair of you for a while. Stay up girl!!  :biglaugh:  Great to see ya on hear again!

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »
Ms. Shell, prayers sent for your fast healing.

Offline Jim Parsell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »
Hey Shell, hope things start going your way again soon..  I think you have a pretty understanding group of folks out here who think the world of you and Frank....  Jim

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
First it's great to hear from You. Friends should never have to apologize for something out of their control.                              Definition for apologize.
- express remorse for something: to say that you are sorry for something that has upset or inconvenienced somebody else.                                            I don't see or hear anyone that is upset or inconvenienced by this delay. And to feel remorse for things not of your control is wrong.
                                                  - acknowledge that something is not ideal: to acknowledge that something is not as it should be, especially when you feel embarrassed or guilty about it.                                                 We should acknowledge that something is not ideal. We are friends and family and this is a huge support network.                   Embararrassed or guilty should not apply in this case. First and foremost your health is important to yourself and family and us. Don't wear yourself out on commitments, people have hearts and will understand. Like it has been said you have paid your dues here and are very important piece of the site. Take care of yourselfs and ask for help when needed. There is nothing wrong in asking Family and friends. Wish you good blessings and a good path.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »
Shell, I hope you get feeling better very soon.  I'll remeber you in my prayers.
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »
Please take good care of yourself and get well soon, Our prayers are with you!!!!!

Although I don't own any of your handiwork,I have seen it and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I'm sure there is no need to apologize,the "Gang" will wait as long as it takes.

Get Well Soon!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »
Shell,

Just get better, material things mean nothing, friends and family mean everything.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Online ozarkcherrybow1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »
Hang in there Shell! We are right here at your fingertips. No worries on the wait, just get better.....Prayers coming your way for you and yours.  :pray:  ...Thanks for updating us.....Terry

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
Prayers Sent. No need for an apology.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »
BTW the pain in my awesome wife side is NOT ME!  :knothead:    :bigsmyl:    :rolleyes:    "[dntthnk]" . Just had to make sure everyone knew this<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline UKarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »
Shell, and you too Frank, you have given lots of us who don't even own any of your stuff yet, lots of pleasure by posting photos of the great work that you have done. You've also given good works up for grabs that people would pay very good money for. Like everyone else has said, we want you back in action, but more importantly, we want you back fit and well. Prayers sent for your full  recovery.
Graham

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »
Are you sure, Frank?   :D    ;)  Prayers for a quick recovery for Shell, and the best to both of you.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ghost Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
Blessings and prayers.

Bob Moon

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©