3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Whisper or Classic shooters  (Read 328 times)

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
Whisper or Classic shooters
« on: June 07, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
How does the N.M. Whisper shoot in comparison to the N.M. Classic. I believe the Whisper is a reverse handle Classic. Is that true?

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Whisper or Classic shooters
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »
Yes, the Whisper has the reverse handle.
I do not have any experience with it though.  I do have a Classic and a Shelton.  They are spectacular.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »
I have a Whisper and I really like it. Never sot a Classic but I have shot a Shelton. They kind'a shoot the same just a bit different feel to the bow with the Reverse handle.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online jeffg

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 07:19:00 PM »
I have a Shelton It shoots it just has a little more "hand shock" Thump than I like.
66" Dave Miller Sage
64" Fox Triple crown
66" Nothern Mist American

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »
I have the "retro" Classic and it is an excellent bow that really delivers an arrow.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline Gordon Jabben

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »
Yes, that's true.  I have both and they are within a pound of each other on draw weight.  It seems to me the whisper is more forgiving of my poor shooting form.

Online oldtimerbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 07:08:00 AM »
I  also have several of both.i agree that the whisper is a little more foregiving to shoot but I still prefer my classics . I also have the shelton but shoot the classics a lot more than the others.they are all great bows though.
oldtimerbow

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
The reason for my original question is that I've owned and shot a Whisper for several years.It is my "go to" bow. I'm seriously considering a Classic in that I do not have a back up bow should something happen to my Whisper.I have given my other bow to my son who is becoming quite a hunter. I enjoy my Whisper so much I was hoping the Classic felt and shot in a similar manner. It sounds like that might be the case.

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »
If you shoot a longbow well you will very likely be able to switch back and fourth with little effort.  Both will feel similar in the hand, especially if you ask Steve to try and match the handle section with the biggest difference in the fitsmel(brace height)  Your Whisper and any reverse handle longbow will have a higher brace than a traditional longbow but should shoot and feel very similar otherwise.  I have one of the prototype reverse handle longbows Steve built when trying to perfect the Whisper.  It is short and has a shorter riser than his current model.  Steve gave it to me many years ago - before he even had a name for the bow.  I love it - definitely my "go-to" longbow.

Offline normf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
The whisper should be more forgiving of torque in your wrist as you release. My Classic is a few lbs. heavier draw so it's hard to compare but I like all my N.M. bows.
NFetscher

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©