3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Patriot  (Read 242 times)

Offline dougedwards

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Patriot
« on: June 07, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
Just in my 6th week of shooting trad and I really am not shooting my 45# Martin Hunter very well.  I seem to be much more accurate when I am shooting someone else's bow (Martin Dreamcatcher 44#, Hoyt Buffalo 45# etc) and even though they are in the same draw weight they feel much easier to draw and steady in my hand.

I have an opportunity to trade for a Bear Patriot Longbow 44# but have never heard of this bow.  Anyone have any input concerning it's draw, shelf, vibration, noise, accuracy?

Doug
But you brethren are not of the flesh but of the Spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ lives within you. Romans 8

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Patriot
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
Doug,
I personally find the Bear Patriot to be a fantastic Lb.  I do not have a single thing bad to say about it. The bow is based off the Ferguson Z58 model ( patriot model in Byron's book).  Good performer , sexy, very gentle in the hand. I prefer straight grips but I get along well with its grip.
Fear not the trade, I think you will be pleasantly surprised
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline darin putman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »
Mine was a great shooter, a little loud at first but I put an Sbd string on it and problem solved.Wouldn't mind another some day.
Osage selfbow and Surewood shafts

Offline dougedwards

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
Thanks for that input.  Much of the negative that I am reading about the Patriot is that it is loud.   hate a loud bow.  Nice to know that a good string could quiet it down some.

Doug
But you brethren are not of the flesh but of the Spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ lives within you. Romans 8

Offline dougedwards

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 07:19:00 AM »
anyone else?

Doug

Offline dougedwards

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 02:57:00 PM »
Decided to sell my bow and invest in a new Maddog Mountaineer from the sponsor's classified section.

Just the right draw weight and a good length for a new trad shooter like me.  

Will let you know how I like it.

Doug

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »
I had one and it was a great shooter.  The grip was fantastic.  I sold it to another member here and as far as I know it is still shooting.  

Put a good string on it and match some arrows and go have fun!

Offline Clint B.

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 07:06:00 PM »
I think the design of newer Bear Ferguson Patriot models, beginning with 2012 or possibly 2011, has changed very slightly. Basically, the limb tip overlays are now slimmer & trimmer, the grip is shaped better (in my opinion) and the arrow shelf sits closer to your hand. If you watch the youtube videos of Byron Ferguson's appearances on Global Outfitters and Stan Lee's Superhumans, you'll notice he's shooting one of the new Bear Patriot longbows.  He seems to do okay with it.  :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©