3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Where To Live  (Read 377 times)

Offline archrmn

• Trad Bowhunter
Where To Live
« on: August 30, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »
Well going through the"BIG D" so I feel a RailRoad transfer in the making, from a hunters/outdoorsmans point of view what state offers the most bang'so to speak". my list of options are CO.,ID.,MT.,PA.,MI.,NC.,SC.,TN., any thoughts.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Where To Live
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 04:54:00 PM »
what about NZ?   :biglaugh:  ya can hunt allyear round with a bow or gun and ya dont need a licence to hunt only to own a gun. what more could ya ask for.  :D
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »
You can hunt like a billion different big game animals in MT if you can draw the tags LOL
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »
My first choice is not on the list (Wyoming), but Montana or Idaho would do. Lived in Colorado for 13 years, had enough of that rat race.

Eric

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 05:20:00 PM »
I have never lived there, but I have read quite a bit recently about northern Wisconsin and all the outdoor activities available.  :thumbsup:  

Of the choices given, Idaho is my pick...even with Senator Craig.   :biglaugh:
Lon Scott

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »
I went to college in northern WI on Lake supirior. Had a lot of fun hunting fishing. etc.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
I moved up to ND from MN in the early 80's and have never looked back.  The best thing I've ever done.

First and foremost I'm a waterfowl & bird hunter. ND has arguably the best waterfowling in the country and upland bird hunting right up with SD.

The deer hunting up here is unreal.  We have both whitetail and mule deer.  Also antelope, elk, moose, and bighorns.  Resident bow tags for deer and antelope are $20 over the counter. All are good for either sex statewide, the deer tag is good for either species as well.  Extra doe tags are essentially unlimited.

Moose, elk, and bighorn are once in a lifetime limited draws.  I drew a moose tag in 1990 and took a big cow.

Last year I arrowed a 130 & change 4 point whitetail and rifled a 7X6 whitetail that scored in the low 140's.  My wife botched on a 175+ 4 point mule deer in Sept, then redeemed herself by arrowing a 5 point whitetail that scored 150 & change, behind our farmstead in late October.
We each also took several does.

I've been watching a 130+ whitetail that has made his home in a slough 500 yards from my farmstead.  Bow season and early goose season opens this weekend and I have all next week off.
I'll be hunting geese in the morning and sitting with Little Mo in a stand 60 yards from my barn in the evenings...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline zilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »
He he, I see Wyoming is not on that list..
Damn Nice guy

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »
If I had the chioce I would go with Montana.

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »
WHERE in Montana would have a lot to do with my decision.  There's sweet spots, some that aren't quite ripe, and some that have already turned...
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 12:43:00 AM »
Montana, but WY is on the top of mine
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline BamBooBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 01:17:00 AM »
I'd prolly pick Idaho or Michigan (U.P. or at least the northern part of lower MI).

Northern WI is nice too I hear.  ;)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Goodbye Shiner you were always a good dog.

Offline kojac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 01:21:00 AM »
montana or n.dakota would be my choice if hunting/fishing and a cheap cost of living is what your after.

nothing about western montana is cheap when you talk realstate but if your talking Rail Rd. you will more than likely be in eastern montana which is better in my opion.

but ND has mt beat bigtime when it comes to cheap living and great fishing/waterfowl

good luck
Brian

"Hunting...is about the Sights, Sounds, Smells, and  the Hunted...All the hunter has to do is show up"

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »
Hey Knife River..how you liking Texas?

Brian did you get my email? Thanks buddy!   :thumbsup:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline PrarrieDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »
I like Wyoming, jobs, few people, vistas, forrests, game, lakes, streams, fish. lots of things we outdoorsmen like.
Prarrie Dog

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 09:03:00 AM »
Uh.... Montana.

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
Another plus we have in ND, and IMO it's a big one.  Ticks are only out from May until mid-July, and we don't have the deer ticks that carry Lyme Disease...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »
I wouldn't even consider SC,, I mean who likes to kill hogs, to be able to harvest two deer per day for the entire season. travel 3.5 hours then Black bear and huge trout and large mouth,, oh yeah back up that 3.5 hours and bust ducks turkeys, huge reds and specs, wahoo, tuna, bill fish, and to do most of this while able to buy beer on sunday.. and after the Big D our two legged scenery is plentiful and attractive...
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©