3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Eagle Wing Talon - Amazing!!! Check it out!!  (Read 791 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Eagle Wing Talon - Amazing!!! Check it out!!
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »
You know something Mike... There are may occasions I've seen guys spend hours bare shafting and paper tuning arrows, only to fletch up their shafts and screw broad heads on them and have to start over..... fletching configuration and broad heads are putting wings on those shafts. to me... I'm never planning on using bare shafts to hunt with, or shoot 3D either, so I rarely even mess with bare shafting.... I like tuning with broad heads, then soaking the feathers down and shooting them wet though... Unlike a lot of folks we Oregonian's hunt in the rain a lot, and keeping feathers dry is tough to do.....

OH.... go read the "Quiet BW" thread Mike. That was pretty good info regarding glove vs tab and type of glove material effecting noise level.... Kirk

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
nuts..
Pics are gone...
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »
NOw that is interesting.We now have a new method of tuning. Wet feather tuning. There are so many places in the world where instead of bare shafting they should be wet feather shafting. I am going right now and collaborate with Kirk to do an article  on this . I am sure that will be a hit with the Trad and Primative Mags.

On a more serious note I agree and am jumping right over to the BW thread to read it.

God bless, Steve

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2013, 01:08:00 PM »
Photobucket must be acting up again as the pics are gone

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »
Mikes pics are missing but there are pics on page 2 that I put on 50 Megs.

God bless, Steve

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »
My golly Steve..

Those are gorgeous veneers!
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »
thanks John, the materials in this bow are as good as the best I have ever seen. I have a bunch of the black myrtle that is uncut and am hoping that there are some more like these. so far this one pair is the nicest I have got. All of it is really pretty but not this pretty. These look like a fire to me. Its hard to really get this bow with pictures but man in person it is just outstanding.

God bless you all, Steve

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
bet it is!

I was thinking fire as well.
Just stunning.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »
Welcome John. When you think bows think 'Eaglewing.    :archer:  

God bless you , Steve

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »
Oh man!

These Eaglewing threads are killing me!

Just got my deposit to Steve this week.  Now the wait begins!  Anxious doesn't even describe my condition right now!
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2013, 01:12:00 AM »
ken may be getting a brand new , brand new bow. I just finished the form for the belly mount Static limb that is based on the Storm Eagle . I will be building some prototypes when I get back from Eastern Oregon. Going on a little vacation to God's country. Anyway, like all you , I am working toward my dream bow. LOL. This one may be it. I sure love the top mount.

God bless you all, Steve

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2013, 01:29:00 AM »
Brutha Steve,

I suppose if you took the time to bare shaft tune with field points it would be real close to wet feathers except.... the extra weight on the tail end of the shaft....

Seeing as you cannot bare shaft tune with broad heads it just seemed like the easiest way to do it to me.

kind of off subject here... but I noticed while doing this wet feather tuning with broad heads that the rotation of the broad heads being different effected the flight on some broad heads.
if I lined them all up the same I had much better results..... food for thought...kirk

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2013, 02:04:00 AM »
I always line my two blades up with the cock feather. The threes I line up with the three feathers. You never want the broadhead to take over the flight. Funny things happen/ Before I learned this stuff about how to properly mount broadheads and to align them with a pointer for balance I had some broadheads do some really weird stuff. Like shoot a 12 foot circle around the biggest blacktail buck I have ever seen, Windplaned. LOL. Funny you don't see threads on this stuff but we all deal with it. Somewhere along the line I learned to make a pointer that the arrow lays in and has a pointer at one end that you spin the arrow and line the tips up. Of course this is when you are mounting on woodies with hot melt. But I do it with aluminums too.

God bless you all, Steve

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©