3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Outback Daypacken.. Updated Pics!!  (Read 6588 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Outback Daypacken.. Updated Pics!!
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2006, 05:41:00 AM »
Mate, that was a great story... Sorry for the lose of meat, but still a great Story with pic's. It felt like I was there... The wild life you have is awsome

Offline Ziggy/Oz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »
Al,

You're really getting me worked up . . . great photos and story . . . can't wait to join you.

. . . Ziggy

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »
Dang Buddy was holding my breath hoping for ya, (good thing the story wasn't any longer  ;)  Tough luck but most of us have been there one time or another. That's one tough critter! Thanks for taking us along, enjoyed it!!
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 01:15:00 AM »
No worries Doug, thought you'd like the ride.

:cool:  

al
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Basalt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2006, 03:49:00 AM »
G'day Al, I just found your story here and your excellent photos. I know you have hunted those Axis long and hard over the years and have payed your dues and some. I look forward to the day you tip one over and I'm sure that day's not far off. I just thought I'd better clarify something seeing how my name turned up on here and a lot of people maybe scratching their heads about that shot placement.
Like I said mate a single lung shot is often not fatal on any of our larger game, whether it be a big basalt hog, Axis stag or Buffalo. But mate in my opinion, if your shaving sharp "woodsman" [and I know yours are always that way] had gone into or through, one lobe of that stag's lung he would not have been getting around as if nothing had happened, the same afternoon.
I know you said that you were not sure where that arrow hit exactly and I think it most likely only connected with oxgygeniated muscle blood and did not hit any vital organs. I have witnessed this type of shot a few times over the years and those stags have lived on without any ill effects. So mate you can sleep a bit easier and maybe just dream of your next encounter with him when you pop one through that one small white spot and he just walks a short distance and tips over.
Cheers mate,
Bill.

Offline LazerRay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2006, 05:16:00 AM »
We have a ton of those axis deer in South Texas you can never really hunt one you have to hunt a herd.
Contempt prior to investigation leads to everlasting ignorance!
William James

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »
TTT for Denny's Recon work. ...  ;)
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
Entertaining thread.Makes me want to save for a trip there.Thanks Much

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing the story and great pics.

Chris

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2007, 04:27:00 AM »
Thanks lads. This hunt was a while ago but I bought it back for some Recon work for Danny.

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2007, 05:57:00 AM »
Awesome hunt and photography. It's all those little things that make a hunt special. Thanks for sharing it with us(even if it was 5 months ago;) Cheers, Matt
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©