3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Simple Blessings  (Read 679 times)

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
Simple Blessings
« on: June 15, 2013, 01:56:00 PM »
Sometimes as humans we get caught up in the monetary things in life such as new bows, arrows, ATV's, super duper tree stands, ETC. but sometimes the simple Blessings trump all of that.
This morning as i sat on my back porch I watched two does grazing in the pasture, while a Red Tail Hawk made a flawless kill on what I assume to be a mouse, while Doves were coo'ing in my Mulberry tree.
Sometimes we get caught up in the more, more , more mentality and we lose sight of what being hunters is all about......well for me this morning was a pleasant reminder, its not about more or better but rather enjoying what we already have...the Simple Blessings that nature provides that we can enjoy every day weather we are on the hunt or not.

Monetary things are great but the Simple Blessing provided by nature  will win out every time.   :campfire:

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Simple Blessings
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »
Amen.

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline 3Feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
Don,t get any BETTER than that.People now adays don,t really see whats around them.Was talking to a guy at work about the garden how the slugs invaded it,he didn,t have a clue what a slug was.Guess he never seen them in the vending machine.............
HH Cheetah 66in. 48lb at 25in.
HH HalfBreed 66in. 57lb. at 27in.
HH Wesley Special  56lb. at 26in..
HH Big 5          64lb. at 28in.
HH Wesley Special 55lb. at 28in.
HH Redman         60lb. at 28in.
Simmmons sharks
2016 Legacys

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »
You're absolutely right...

I sat on the deck last night listening to something in the woods while watching the stars.  Never could figure out what was making the continued ruckus in the woods...racoons? bear? deer? sasquatch?

it was great to just sit quietly, listen carefully to try to discern what type of feet were moving the leaves and let the imagination run free.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »
Yes sir, and blessings like that are free.

This morning I shared a round of 3-D with a couple of friends and shot some St. Jude auction arrows I bought this year.  I thought about my healthy children and said a prayer for the children who aren't doing as well ....
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Gerry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »
Excellent thread, the simple things are the best.   :archer:

Offline Roverrich

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »
Well stated! Add to that the laughter of your kids and just about Heaven on Earth!

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
Our priest gave us a blessing this evening....."may God forgive us for our failures and bless us for our good deeds". I said to myself, "that is about the best Father's Day gift I could ever get"!
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 08:09:00 PM »
Nicely put..

Plus it says a lot about you..

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
Moleman......if you had a cup of coffee in your hand then it would have been perfect.....or maybe you did! I love to sit on the deck and listen to the doves and cardinals....then watch the Humming birds race around the yard and come to the feeders.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 09:37:00 PM »
Ron, coffee was definitely in hand my friend.
My days usually start at 4 a.m when its still black out, but this morning I got to sleep in till 5:30   so I thought Id put the back porch to good use and enjoy the morning in daylight for a change.   :biglaugh:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
Then it was perfect........   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
The beauty is all around us, and you took the time to notice.  Nice thread Moleman!

Offline tomcat8910

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »
Well said!

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
You nailed it!!  Great thread Moleman.  It's so easy to get caught up in the "more, more" mindset.

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »
Couldn't agree more!
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
Good thread Moleman. My Wife and I are celebrating out 28th year of Marriage here in the North Ga. Mountains. I spent yesterday Morning sitting by a Mountain stream listening to sounds I don`t hear in the swamp that were beautiful. Caught my first trout .. a Rainbow trout. He and several of his buds are on the grill as I type this. Simple blessing are huge when we realize how special they are. Thank You Good Lord.RC

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
Yes,just came in from the porch been watching it rain.While drinking coffee one morning last week was watching a doe slip along the tree line 20 yards from my back porch.Gosh I love living in a log cabin in Osage county Oklahoma.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 09:15:00 PM »
One of my sons went and catch some crabs in the marsh to boil as appetizers before our meal.  We had crawfish etoufee and for dessert some pineapple upside down cake.  What a Father's Day feast!

Shot my bow with the new wood arrows from the St. Jude's auction.  Life was indeed good
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
I try to live by that thought. Thanks for reminding me how blessed I am and how wonderful it is to live in the woods among Gods creations.I also get to view it from my porch. I have to go outside now, and fix my trash bin my local 350 lb. Black Bear tore apart last night. I don't mind a bit. Thanks Paul
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©