3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: arrow tuning problems  (Read 390 times)

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: arrow tuning problems
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »
What is your actual draw length? If you draw 28", the 5575 should be fine. Like others have suggested, get a bow square and set your nock point to 3/4" above level to start and adjust from there, a little at a time, up and down waggle is caused by the nock point being incorrect. Once you have that under control, make sure your brace is within the recommended range for your bow. If you go to 7595 shafts you will probably have to add point weight. Just my two cents.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »
I would recommend stripping the fletching off one of the shafts and bare shaft tuning it. Fletching can hide a lot of arrow flight problems with field tips. After you have bareshafts tuned to your bow you shouldn't have to do very much at all with your fletched arrows if anything.
James Kerr

Offline flinthead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 12:21:00 PM »
Bought a Morrison used, just spent a month trying to get consistant shooting out of it. Built up the riser[grip wrap-like a bigger grip] , put high point on floor plate and side plate, changed strings, played with several different arrows and point weights, and it is shooting fine. Tried to sell it twice. Finally got it ready to go. A big part was my bad form and release. Just glad I found the best , most forgiving combination. Just keep trying different things.  Thanks, Roy
Maybe it is time to shoot what I have on the rack

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »
You gotta' strip those feathers off and bare shaft. It will tell you immediately; if you are getting any signs with feathers on then you are likely off by a fair bit in your tuning.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©