3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What should I do with these?  (Read 246 times)

Offline oldbohntr

• Trad Bowhunter
What should I do with these?
« on: June 17, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »
What should I do with these?  OK, OK, I know some of you might have a suggestion about that!  But, I’m looking for some help determining if these could be used in an ILF type setup(which I know nothing about!).

There are 4 sets of new Martin Archery Quest recurve limbs that I was told should fit any Martin riser with ball bearing pivots in them(Warthogs, others?)   I don’t know about risers from other mfgrs.   The ball bearing seats on these look to be 7/8” between centers.  
There are two sets of white limbs, labeled 50 and 30#, 66 & 68”, respectively.   Also, two sets of silver limbs, labeled 48# @ 29 and 42.5 @ 28’, both labeled 68”.   Of course the specs would depend on the riser they are mated to.    I’d think there is the potential to make 4 pretty decent bows, but I don’t really know what else is needed. I don't want to spend time and $ looking for old risers that MIGHT fit!  Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

Offline Bowmag

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What should I do with these?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
That's what my old Martin Lynx looks like. But's only a 60" I think. I notice on these that the slots are two different widths. I think the Lynx uses the narrow slots but I would have to check when I get home.
Colburn

Offline Sharpend60

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »
Ive got an  old Hatfild that uses that limb attachment. They arnt too hard to find.

As far as ILF, I have no idea

Offline oldbohntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »
Thanks, guys.  I suspect these wouldn't work in a true ILF setup, but am looking for some use for them. I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes open until I find something that looks similar.

Yeah, there were probably a lot of Hatfields made, but finding several at reasonable cost might be a trick...
Tom

Offline oldbohntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »
TTT
Tom

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »
I had a 62 inch Martin Lynx and I am pretty sure they were made 66 inches as well...I would guess you could find either the Lynx compound or recurve riser...I think they are the same
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline dhermon85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
I have a Martin Cougar Magnum compound that looks like they may match...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©