3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Jack Howard Game Master Jet-Seeking Tune Up Info.  (Read 400 times)

Offline Firstlight

• Trad Bowhunter
Jack Howard Game Master Jet-Seeking Tune Up Info.
« on: June 19, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
I have a Jack Howard Game Master Jet; 40# @ 28" Serial # 967 (no other letters in Serial #'s, no "F") that I want to tune up.

I am using Stu's dynamic Calculator for Arrow selection.

I have been using XX75 Camo Hunters, 2016's.

My Questions:

1. Did he use a polyester string? I have two originals?

2. I need to determine the strike plate - past center measurement.  I'll do that but did Jack make his bows + or - center, does anyone know?

3. I believe the starting nocking point is 3/16"?  Can anyone confirm?

4.  I believe the brace height is 6 1/8 - 6 3/4 from string to bottom of grip.

I wish I had a copy of his instructions which came with bows so if you know where I can find it please let me know.  I would purchase it.

Any other suggestions are welcome. Thank you!!

Offline manfromthepast

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jack Howard Game Master Jet-Seeking Tune Up Info.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »
I have one of his Instruction sheets. I will scan it and email it to you tomorrow.  Try some 2114's.

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »
Talk to Kelly Peterson (he goes by Kelly on here) - he is the Gamemaster Jet guru.  You can use the search function at the top and send him a Private Message.

Here are my thoughts (I'm no guru, but I have 5 Jets, and have been hunting with them the past several years)...

Jack used a braided string material, white with red servings.  If you need more Charlie Lamb on here makes them with original material.  Of course don't shoot fast-flite or non-stretchy strings on your Jet.

They are cut about right at center, not past for sure.

I use about 1/2 to 5/8 inch above center for nocking point, and for the brace I use about 8 1/4 to 8 1/2 from the throat of the grip (not how Jack measured it) this is at or a bit higher than the high end of Jack's recommended range measuring from the heel of the grip like he did.

I have gotten to using a cut down Bear weather-rest on my Jets - of course he made them originally with feather rests - that works fine too.  Trap on here makes good ones if you need a replacement.  I had trouble shooting Jets off the shelf since it is so wide and flat - I did have good results building up a narrow shelf with foam, but these bows are made to use an elevated type rest from the start.

From my 50 lb Jet (pulling 29 inches, so get a couple more pounds out of it) I use a 2215 with 200 grain point or Axis .400 deflection arrows with 200 grain points.

Oh, and if you ever think of selling yours, drop me an email, please  :)

Ryan

Offline Firstlight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
Thank you for the helpful information.  I'll come back to re-read when I don't have to go help put the kids to bed ;>)

I had to edit my orignal post, I had the wrong weight.  It's a 40 # weight.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »
Jack also weighed his bows a little differently so if your bow says 40# it is likely 45#. He would measure the # and subtract the physical weight of the bow is how I understand that.

Offline Firstlight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 12:11:00 AM »
Bjorn, what you say makes sense.  I pull it to 28.5 inches and last time I put it on a scale it said it was 47# @ 28.5 inches.  

And I thought the scale was off a bit ;>)  

Hey, just saw you are in Los Gatos.  I was a San Francisco Archers member for 10 yrs + & I got the bow from a member there.  They ran out of pretty girls in the bay area and I married a Canadian and she dragged me up to Vancouver Island 3.5 yrs ago... I do miss SFA.

Ryan, thanks for sharing your set up info. This gives me some things to play with.  I'm lucky the bow came with two original strings and two feather rest.

Manfromthepast:  Wow, that would be great to have a copy of this.  Very kind of you.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 12:19:00 AM »
The Bay Area certainly has a lot going on, I'd say you are pretty lucky the Island is unbeatable for outdoorsy things!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©