3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: favorite animal to hunt  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: favorite animal to hunt
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2013, 11:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ryan Rothhaar:
I wouldn't give up the first 2 weeks of November in the whitetail woods to hunt any other animal on the planet.

There are several animals I have 1 or 2 of, and plenty more I'd like to hunt once or twice, but hunting big whitetails NEVER gets old!

R
Ditto on the whitetail
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline ShadeMt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2013, 09:59:00 AM »
Prior to 1999 I would have said whitetails without a doubt.  After my first elk hunt in 1999 that all changed.  Been blessed to have traveled west for 9 elk hunts and elk remains my #1 favorite.

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
#1  elk
#2  white tail deer
but I hunt #3 the most,    :archer2:   stumps
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline rholzie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Hands down...white tail deer!  :thumbsup:
~Whisperstik MojoStik~
~Predator Hunter~
~'70 Kodiak Mag~
~Centaur~
~Kanati~

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
Don't know if I can choose.  Each has its high point.  Bears, pigs, deer, elk, and there are a bunch I haven't had the opportunity to chase and I am guessing that if I ever did, I would love doing that too.  Small game, however is really high on the list.

If I can add a non-living  aspect,  I think my favorite "target of the chase" would be stumps and leaves, which I can and do chase all the time.  Being realistic, I can shoot as many times as my body will allow with no issues of injuring a critter cause I was stupid and showing off.    Then I can wait a day or two and do it all again.
ChuckC

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2013, 01:02:00 PM »
I haven't hunted them all yet so I can't say for sure, but for now I will have to say the next one.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
Whatever I am currently hunting, all critters have their own special attraction.   The process of the hunt, and how I do it, is the most important element for me.   The more physical and mentally exacting the hunt the more satisfaction I get.  Spot and stalk bears, especially brown bears, are near the most fulfilling of a hunt I have done.  However, if it came down to just a two week hunt and I am allowed to hunt only one critter, the mountain goat is my first choice.  There just isn't anything like places you have to hike, climb, and crawl, the panoramic views seen, or the personal limits that are pushed, risks that must be taken, fear that must be overcome and then rechanneled.....Nope,  for me, there isn't anything as exhilarating as chasing those white spec's that walk the cliff's as easily as you and I stroll thru a city park.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »
Round here, coyotes.  Only thing I hit and kill regularly.  South AL it would be gator.

Offline Horne Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »
I've had the opportunity to bow hunt many species of animals on multiple continents.  I enjoyed them all and they all hold certain challenges.  Cape Buffalo was the scariest (a close second was with the biggest sow black bear I've ever seen coming up a tree after me because I was too close to her cubs-thank you bear spray).  
Hunting elk in a beautiful Rocky mountain setting is really tough to beat.  
I have never hunted goats or sheep, but I think that would be a great challenge and would finish toward the top.  
I love to hunt hogs, I believe it's because I KNOW I'm going to shoot.  I don't have to worry about how old, how big or if it's male or female...I'm gonna shoot when I hear that "oink" coming.
All in all though, I think I'll have to fall back on the good ole whitetail.  Getting up early, walking to my favorite stand in the dark and watching the day wake up with my bow in hand still wins in my book.
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©