3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Victory VForce HV arrows?  (Read 485 times)

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
Victory VForce HV arrows?
« on: June 21, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »
Just wondering if anyone is using these?  How is their consistency? Durability?
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Victory VForce HV arrows?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 02:34:00 PM »
Others like them - I ordered three dozen, put them to the spine tester and they had the largest spine spread of any group of arrows I have ever purchased - made in Mexico and they stink in my opinion.

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »
Apparently my experience with V6's has been most fortunate.

The four dozen I have used over the past years have all performed well.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »
I have heard the same as rraming. I believe, that like gold tip, victories used to be made in the USA, and moved to Mexico recently. Friend, perhaps yours are of the American variety.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline Keith Langford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »
Started shooting them at Rick Welch's school, that's what he shoots, and I would say your gonna be hard pressed to find better flying arrows, not to mention the speed and kinetic energy I have with them, and they are a breeze to tune, I have 2 dozen and just got another 12 from Lancaster archery, best arrows Ive ever shot, bar none: IMO
But mine are the VAP V1, don't know if that is the difference or not, never shot hd
John 3:16

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 06:45:00 PM »
The ones I had were VForce HV6 these were some of the least expensive (most likely the least)

Offline CRS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 09:23:00 PM »
1's are the tightest tolerances and 6's are the worst.
Inquiring minds.......

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by CRS:
1's are the tightest tolerances and 6's are the worst.
The 1,3 or 6 designates the straightness of the shaft not the spine.  Not many carbon manufacturers will state a tolerance in spine. The Mayhem shafts I believe we're the first (carbon express).
Can you ell this is a sore subject with me-ha!

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »
I have made up a few dozen V Force HV's,both .350 and .300,V3's and V6's.I don't own a spine tester so I can't speak to that.They have been very consistent weight-wise and fly as well as any arrows I've shot.

They are easier to break than Gold Tips.

Offline dougedwards

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 07:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by Keith Langford:
Started shooting them at Rick Welch's school, that's what he shoots, and I would say your gonna be hard pressed to find better flying arrows, not to mention the speed and kinetic energy I have with them, and they are a breeze to tune, I have 2 dozen and just got another 12 from Lancaster archery, best arrows Ive ever shot, bar none: IMO
But mine are the VAP V1, don't know if that is the difference or not, never shot hd
The VAPs are not the HV (high velocity) arrows but they are the very best hunting arrows on the market.  Once tuned to the bow (easily) they penetrate like no other.

Doug
But you brethren are not of the flesh but of the Spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ lives within you. Romans 8

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
Don't mean to hijack the thread but is anyone using vanes instead of feathers?I used Fletch tite Platinum on my Dad's VAP's and the vanes are coming off.Thanks.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 09:15:00 PM »
J.W, did you clean the bases of the vanes with alcohol (not the kind you drink lol) or acetone.

If you have then disregard this.

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »
J. Williams...Have had no issues with either fletch tape and/or Fletch Tight Platinum on the ~4 doz. I have fletched(HV variety).
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 12:58:00 AM »
Originally posted by J.Williams:
Don't mean to hijack the thread but is anyone using vanes instead of feathers?I used Fletch tite Platinum on my Dad's VAP's and the vanes are coming off.Thanks.
I clean the vane base with acetone and platinum works well. If they still come off, try super glue gel.

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 12:59:00 AM »
oh, the hv's I have are very consistent but they are a few years old. Sure do break easy on side impacts tho.

Offline Cari-bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
I just check the spine on the 350 HV V3 . They were as good in tolerances as the Beamen Speed . But I did find one that was a 400 not a 350 as marked.
When I started using carbons Beamen's were the only ones I found that were consistent in spine,weight and straightness.That has changed ,now they all seem to be good.
The Victory HV's are the lightest shafts I have found. So I am trying to get the highest FOC that I can and still come close to the over all shaft weight I was shooting. They will not be as tough as the Beamen MFX that I've been shooting. With the Beamen I had 27% Foc and with the Victory HV's I'm now at 34.8 % FOC. Which is about as high as I think I can go without much more work and playing.
Abe

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by The Whittler:
J.W, did you clean the bases of the vanes with alcohol (not the kind you drink lol) or acetone.

If you have then disregard this.
I prepped the shafts that way but not the vanes,that must be it.I'm more of a feather guy who's learned a little late about vanes,it looks like,and I'm gonna have to refletch that batch.  :banghead:  Thanks for the help,gents!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©