3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Portable Blind  (Read 142 times)

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
New Portable Blind
« on: June 22, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
I had an interesting experience this morning.  I was mowing our ditch banks with a sickle bar mower on my tractor, paying very close attention to how far away I was from the edge of the bank (I'm chicken so I stay back!!).  I glanced up to see I was going and I was less than 20 feet from a doe hiding in the ditch behind a poke berry bush.  She stayed there until I had backed up to go around a sign post and started forward again, then she ran another 20 feet or so into the woods and watched me drive on.  Didn't see any fawns so I guess she's dry.  Since we see her just about everyday in the area, she's been relegated to the position of pet-off limits to shooting.  Had I been expecting this, I'd have brought my camera.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©