3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Michigan Longbow Association Heading West...The Hunt is COMPLETE, and Successful  (Read 2125 times)

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Wow nice pictures guys. Cannot wait to hear more.    :clapper:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Somebody ask Mike about his new nickname...."Fryin' Pan Mike"....   :bigsmyl:
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline BassBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Fryin' Pan Mike, how did you have the honor of receiving such a name????
Toelke Classic Whip 48# @ 28"
Big Jim Buffalo 51# @ 29".

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
Stan has been asking Mike for awhile now and we still haven't heard anything about it Roger. I think you may have to tell us.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hint.....what would you think of a guy who used a frying pan as a hunting stool?
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline CRS

• Trad Bowhunter
It depends on if the frying pan was cast iron or not? hot or cold?..... lots of questions and speculation involved.

I wish I would have been following this thread a little closer this summer.  You two drove right through Spearfish and would have loved to extended some hospitality out to you two.
Inquiring minds.......

Offline Claym

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome! Congrats to you both!
-Clay

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by CRS:
It depends on if the frying pan was cast iron or not? hot or cold?..... lots of questions and speculation involved.

I wish I would have been following this thread a little closer this summer.  You two drove right through Spearfish and would have loved to extended some hospitality out to you two.
We would have gladly stopped on the way home.  Next time, we should plan on it.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Alright, I have had my 3 hrs of sleep for this week now, and the skull is just about boiled out, so I can now fill you in about the Frying Pan. I sat in this ground blind I hastidly made up, and the "Banana Hammock" stool I brought, cut off ALL blood flow from my tail bone down, but it was to good of a spot to skip and nothing else to sit on (I will resort to my knees or bottom as a last resort {NO JOKES about my POOR choice of words, I'm TALKING HUNTING here). I decided I needed something to relieve the pain. So I spent untold hours sitting on top of this here Frying Pan and watched at least a dozen different bucks and quite a few does from it, some were less than 10 feet, just no shot opportunities and I wasn't about to rush anything. Roger thought it was flat out hilarious that I would even consider the thought of sitting on a frying pan to hunt deer. I like to Improvise, Adapt and Overcome any and all obstacles, and some of my ideas (read that as MOST of my ideas) only make sense to me. So here was just one way I was able to make Roger smile on this hunting trip. Believe me when I say, I had him laughing at quite a few things I did.

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
Mike it makes all sorts of sense to me to sit on a camp frying pan that is that clean...next time maybe you could try using it to cook with...good to see you both got deer and you got a nice buck...you obviously sorted out a new hunting situation very quickly...the Bush Baby Bow is ready for a mulie doe any day now...I was going to hunt with a different bow this year but it simply will not allow it...then after that I will have to decide which way to turn...I could still shoot another Mulie, a whitetail and an elk within about a half hour of my house

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
First I would like to thank everybody for the kind words and positive Mojo that was sent our way.  We had an absolute blast doing this hunt and I am in the process of writing an article for Trad Archers' World (A Sponsor of Trad Gang) and the deadline is quickly approaching, September 15th.  I'm hoping it gets accepted and you can read about it in there.

Now to show you how I spent my day.  I have never done a Euro Mount before and decided I would do it on this head.  Here is what a few hours and some improvised tools can get you.  I didn't screw the arrowhead plaque to it yet.  I want to wait till it dries.

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats on your success Mike!
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
I think "Frying Pan Mike" could be a legend in the making.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
Glad you guys brought home some Wyoming venison. Sounds like a great hunt. Come back and see us again!
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
Mike,those seats are rough buddy!!    :biglaugh:  I gotta say,that frying pan seat must have felt like a LazyBoy in comparison. I like the Euro-mount. Big congrats to you and Roger. rat'
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Congratulations to both of y'all! That euro mount looks great. Glad to hear y'all made it back alive.
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline tracker1

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Mike and Roger.  Thanks for taking us along on your hunt.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Here you go IZZY.  I took this picture after this moose decided to just walk off after appearing out of nowhere and stood just a few yards from me.  It took me a few to get my camera out of the pack and focused in after the shock had worn off after what just happened.  Simply amazing how something so BIG can make such little noise when they want to.

Offline DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Good deal mike, everyone should get to experience the emotions of being the guy with the nice buck in the back of their truck, well done.Congrats to roger on a successful hunt as well.

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
Sounds like your trip was a blast.  Congrats on your success and thanks for sharing in this thread...   :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©