3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Michigan Longbow Association Heading West...The Hunt is COMPLETE, and Successful  (Read 2131 times)

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Roger! Going to be a blast no doubt.
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL
Great Northern Quivers only!

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Roger! Going to be a blast no doubt.
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL
Great Northern Quivers only!

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by sticksnstones:
Awesome! I look forward to watching this thread and hearing these stories around a campfire!

I would love an S2 debrief for my 2014 DIY so please don't spill any hummus on the maps   :)   don't spill any hummus on the maps   :)  
Thom
From that day forward I have laminated every aerial photo I have of hunting spots.  I'm laughing about that as I'm writing this.  Blew me away what that hummus did to the ink.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline G. Fred Asbell

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bowhunted the Bighorns last year. It's beautiful country. You'll have a great time. Wish I was going along. Roger is a fine fella to ride the river with. We've shot arrows and hunted whitetails and rabbits together. He's a heck of a good shooter and I'd say those muleys are in a heap of trouble if they let him get within range. G. Fred Asbell

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Have fun guys, I have hunted Wyoming 3 times and all I can say is it spoils you for hunting back home.
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Your always welcome to join us Fred.    :bigsmyl:    

All you got to do is pick up a left over license, if there is any.

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I can't wait to see the stories on this one. Mike, you drive on the way back and let Roger use the 30 hours and his mobile technology to post the story on the way back.      ;)  

Roger is as good as they come in camp-heck, I'd invite him before I invited myself.      :eek:  

When Roger said he was taking time out from the Shrewhaven gang hunt to do other things I knew I'd miss him, but he said he wanted to do some of these out west hunts while he still could (Idaho last year, Wyoming this year).

We're pulling for you buddy. The only question is will it be a Northern Mist or a Super Shrew in his hands??   ;)
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Mike and Roger!!  I hunted Region R on the west side of the Big Horns for Mulies last year.  It is beautiful country.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
As much as I love my Shrew bows Ray, it's going to be the "Big Green" Northern Mist this fall. I'm shooting it as good as I can shoot a bow right now.

Lots of good guys posting up here....thanks for all of the "good luck".
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
You are correct Roger.  There are some great guys chiming in here.  It gets the positive Mojo flowing on the adventure.

Speaking of bows, I will be hunting with my Tall Tines longbow and wood arrows.  My Two Tracks Ambush will be coming along as a "just in-case" backup.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
 As much as I love my Shrew bows Ray, it's going to be the "Big Green" Northern Mist this fall. I'm shooting it as good as I can shoot a bow right now.  
That wide open country of Wyoming will give you plenty of room to swing that looong bow. You'll do well Sledge....   :D
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Roger, I'm just yanking your chain a little. I had a pretty good hunch that the Northern Mist was the go to.  I had a chance to chat with Steve Turay for about 5 minutes at the Michigan Traditional Bowhunters Jamboree on Saturday. Of course I would have liked to have sat around the campfire with Steve all night like we used to do.  Steve says he can hardly take a stock bow to a shoot any more because he's so busy and he was just there at the shoot to visit. Of course G. Fred's excellent article in TBM and Steve's long awaited recognition probably had something to do with it.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats guys.
This is going to make me wish I had put in for my Antalope tag, But this will help lessen the blow.

"Congratulations! You are successful in the 2013 Bear Drawing.BARAGA - 1ST PERIOD"

I wish you all the luck, will watch for the pretty pics.
CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Fred and I were joking about that article at Compton...."Wouldn't it be funny if that article made him so busy he went out of business?"    :bigsmyl:  

Not really....Steve Turay was well established and on the map before GFA wrote about him. He is one of our great bowyers, 20+ years into it.

Chuck, that's awesome, good luck up there. I mentioned in your other thread, Steve Osminsky is someone to talk too....

I love this time of year. The planning is underway, the practice is FOR REAL, and hope is in the air!!

G. Fred Asbell

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Right on Roger.
SteveO's hunt is a CLASSIC for sure. great inspiration for anybody going to the woods. Or Mountains.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Congrats guys, looking forward to the story!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Roger,

I'm going to bring the map tube to lunch on Thursday.  Inside with the maps is all my notes from the talks I had with the Biologist and Game Warden for the area.  Keep them for a couple weeks, and by then the other maps should be near completion.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sounds great Mike!

G. Fred Asbell

Offline tracker1

• Trad Bowhunter
Good luck guys I will be looking for the update when you start hunting

Offline Longbow1953

• Trad Bowhunter
I've heard it said that Christianity is a crutch.  To me, it's a walking stick to use on the path of life.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©