3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Heads Up! Protect Yourself... i didn't  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Heads Up! Protect Yourself... i didn't
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
So sorry to hear! Hope the insurance people treat you right.
Glenn

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 09:50:00 PM »
Oh man Joey, that really stinks! I wouldn't even know where to begin.  I do have pictures of some stuff, but need to go through and do that again.  Easy job, just needed the reminder.  Sorry it had to be you to give it.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »
I hate hearing about theft.  Some things are just not replaceable.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
Being burglarized is the closest I think a man can get to the feeling of being raped!   :scared:  

I had my storage unit in MT and my truck in MT broken into while living there... everything they took had personal meaning beyond the base value of the items...

I never felt so paranoid and "violated" in my life.

I feel for you Joey! I truly do.  The loss can be overcome but that feeling lingers. I hate thieves!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 11:51:00 PM »
Ditto!  Years ago I lost everything bowhunting to a fire. 13 custom bows, 25 Screaming Eagle treestands, 2 pair Swarovskis, 3 pairs swanndri camo, you name it, I lost it. No receipts, no pics, no nothing. I had a very difficult time explaining it to the insurance guy.  Needless to say, I recovered less than 1/10th of it. Take pictures and save them somewhere safe.

Now, I've got 8 custom bows and that is about it.
Hard to replace what it took a lifetime to acquire!

justin
Hill

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 12:11:00 AM »
I learned this lesson as well but I found all my serial number info after my home was robbed in 2003.  Still mad that I had to install a safe inside my own home.
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 06:10:00 AM »
so sorry to hear!!good luck to you..what a SHAME
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 08:29:00 AM »
That is terrible news Joey.... I know that no words can change this but I hope in some small way it helps to know that we're all saddened and angry at hearing this. God Bless!

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss.  This is a great reminder to take pictures of our bows.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
Man that is terrible.  You have inspired me to do pics when my wife and I move into our new house next month.  Man I hate thieves/burglars.  If I ever catch one there will be zero mercy.  About 6 years ago I was living in Miami.  I woke up on night to hear a commotion out back in the parking lot behind my place.  Looked out the window:  3 dudes breaking into my car going through my things laid out on top of my trunk.  Didnt have my piece with me at the time, but I was just plain MAD!!  I went out and went straight towards them and said 'get your hands off my stuff and get on the ground, now!!'  Two of them broke into a sprint...I detained the third and dialed the police.  Just some 20 something hoodlums.  Well, he went to jail and had to pay restitution on the vehicle damage and whatever was missing.  The prosecutor interviewed me at her office-  she was like "you were unarmed at 3am and attempted to detain 3 men...in Miami??!!"  I just smiled and shrugged.  I'm crazy like that.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »
It takes a pinko, commi, thumb sucking, bed wetting, low life to steal a mans sporting gear.
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »
Just an Update... thanks everyone for the pm's. This site is definitely a family and i am so humble to have access to it.

Insurance Company had been great. Fast and has taken my word for all$$. I provided very little reciepts but enough pictures. We are having a small argument on what a collectable duck call is worth     :)     but i am very pleased with SafeCo.  

Note , i also have replacement value so even though they gave me $210 on my Zeiss 10 x 40..When i buy some new ones for $900..they will mail a check for the difference. helps a ton.

Still i would rather have my Tippit Mississippi Skinner and Biggie Cable knife back.  If they would have taken my bows......i would have been committed. My safe was untouched  thank goodness

get your stuff listed/ photographed and look over your policy!
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »
Glad everything is working out JoeBuck. I`m here to help Brother so I will roll up to Biggies place and give him some more shooting lessons and have him send you another knife as payment....And to make sure you never go bow less in case this happens again go ahead and build a swamp rooter longbow and send it my way...for safe keeping of course.RC

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »
I work criminal investigations/ intelligence operations and I cannot warn everyone enough, to please never use social media to post where you live, who you are, what your family looks like or anything that can pinpoint your location.

As someone already stated: have your family stay of Facebook, Twitter, etc, while traveling. The amount of personal information posted by people simply astounds me. I know, I use social media myself in tracking people. Remember, you are nothing but a target to most people in the world, protect your identity, your family, and your residence.

Joe,
     very sorry for your invasion. social scum like that need to be shot...someplaces I have worked, they would have been , if caught.
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 08:34:00 AM »
TG members need to read this, and, take photos of your equipment.....

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »
This is a terrible story but also some great advice. I have to admit I had never thought about most of this. I guess I figured my loaded Model 1100 next to my bed was security ... well it's not because I'm not always in my bed. Anyway, thanks for sharing this even though it is tough for you right now.

Chuck/nineworlds, you are obviously a madman! That's a great story, and one that I would never try!

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
I sorry for your loss. My truck got hit when I was loaded up for a weekend of scouting and fly fishing last year. Insurance just doesn't cover everything especially the sentimental items.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
Just an update......my insurance valued some highly collectable duck calls as face value of date of purchase then Depreciated... Collectable value is not valued.

So what this means if for example you have Paul Shafer Signed Silvertip T/D.....get that item "scheduled" on your policy for what it is really worth not what you bought it for 20 years ago.  All taxidermy should be schedule also to recoup value n case of fire.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
I don't own anything of value.  

However, because of this thread I just took pictures of all my junk that would be a bother for anyone to try to pack off.

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 01:18:00 AM »
TTT for those who missed this........

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©