3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lost arrows  (Read 717 times)

Offline Firefighter154

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Lost arrows
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:10:00 PM »
I can blow a 20 dollar bill and not blink an eye, but I will dig with broke shovel in 90 degree weather for three hours to find a 10 dollar arrow. I can't stand loosing an arrow.   :banghead:

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lost arrows
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 09:21:00 PM »
I am right there with you.  I enjoy finding arrows, its kinda like hunting all over again.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Richie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »
Ive spent hours looking for arrows myself.   If I had lost a ten dollar bill I would probably spend less than a minute looking for it.

sad isnt it?
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Offline rick7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
i am with you guys i can not stand to lose an arrow. the last one i lost i shot a possum and he ran up a tree with my arrow sticking out both sides. i waited for an hour for him to fall out but he did not fall. went to check the next morning and no possum and no  arrow. should have used a broadhead instead of a field point

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
I never lost one yet. I may quit looking for one a while til I get back in that area though.

One reason I never got too good in golf was I spent more time looking for golf balls than trying to knock one in a hole.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »
I still look in lost arrow buckets at ranges I know the arrow is at.  Sad part is I know exactly what each arrow looks like that is at a certain club.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline dhermon85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »
There's one that I've looked for for 2 years now. It's a spot I normally practice. It must be lost in the third dimension! Eats me up every time. I know it's there...somewhere.

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
I have lost a few in tree's. that's always a good time

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 10:52:00 PM »
Get some duck training scent.  Dab some on the fletching.  Send in the Labrador!  My old girl, Mudd, would scratch em out of the heavy forrest duff in Virginia. Hate leaving an arrow to recycle nsturally
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 11:34:00 PM »
Ages from now archeologists will excavate the swamp behind my backstop and write of what must have been an archery battle of epic proportions.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline Richie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Offline Missouri Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 11:40:00 PM »
Try teaching your pups to find them. It's easy and just like throwing a ball in the weeds with your scent on it and the dog finding it. Same thing with an arrow but a little harder because it doesn't hold as much scent as they are metal, carbon and wood. Make sure you rub your scent/ sweaty hands on them the first few times. Also a reward when they find them is needed a ball or some toy. So if they will hunt for a ball in the weeds they can be trained to find arrows.

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 12:00:00 AM »
my wife has been shooting for about 2.5 years and has lost one arrow and that was because it was at a shoot where we weren't members of the club and we had to move on and it was a cheap arrow. She looks after them like they are her kids or something. Spend part of your life dirt poor and things like that matter! I'm a very lucky man!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 01:26:00 AM »
I cannot stand losing arrows. I will search to the point that it becomes ridiculous.
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline PERUN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 01:56:00 AM »
but the feeling when you find an arrow
Perun hybrid 62" 60#@29"

Offline ripforce56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
Haha I thought I was the only one, I lost a CX Heritage 150 one time at my neighbors 3D range, I under shot a target in March and the ground was frozen it skipped off the ground thought I saw right where it went,we looked for days and when ever we shot the range, never found it!Finally just gave up! 2 years later my son lost an arrow  on the same target, skipped and went rattling thru the woods, we didn't find that one either, my neighbor calls me last spring says he found my sons arrow and guess what my Heritage 150 it was back in the woods alot farther back than we normally look other than the feathers it looked like new! Go figure!
BirchBark Rovers Custom Quivers 
Bama Royal Expedition T/D  #00027
Root Target Master 66in 40@28
SF Forged Plus/Carbon Elite 40lb Limbs 68in ILF
Schramm Recurve 62in 46@28

Schramm 62in Recurve 46@28

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
Yep.  Looked for an hour and a half for a $10 carbon I lost at a shoot last weekend.  I usually shoot woodies, and while I put a lot of time into making them, they don't "cost" as much as carbons. Might not have looked as hard for a woodie.  Didn't find the carbon.  Did find the poison ivy though.   :dunno:

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
Ha ha all very true. I'm without question part of this Hunt Club. Maybe born of stubbornness idk but The one that gets away on my normal shooting range at hunting camp keeps me looking sometimes following years. I think raking a heavy carpet of leaves in the fall is my least favorite method of discovery and finding the wrong arrow that is finding an arrow you were not looking for is the 2nd best feeling :)  
two years ago at the Hawkeye traditional shoot looking for my arrow I found a cane arrow with natural turkey fletching attached with sinew, self nock. I marveled at it, it was beautiful!
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
Yep! Losing arrows bites!!!!!!!

Bisch

Offline Northwest_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »
My first trad 3d shoot I took a dozen arrows, lost 10 and broke 1 on a rock.

After that I figured out why guys like bright, colorful fletchings.
Michael

** Poppa can we go out and shoot bows and arrows? **  My boys

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©