3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The bow that you would like to have back  (Read 1342 times)

Offline jeffg

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
The bow that you would like to have back
« on: June 29, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
Who has the one bow that you would like to have back? You either sold traded, lost ,broke or what ever. Mine is HH Wesley Special 66" 57#@27" clear glass and an ebony riser locater grip. That bow fit me well and I could shoot decent. Sold it thinking there was something better out there, I have a Northern Mist Sheldon now that comes close but is not the Hill. Hind vision is always 20/20. If the Wesley is out there I would buy her back.
66" Dave Miller Sage
64" Fox Triple crown
66" Nothern Mist American

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The bow that you would like to have back
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 09:30:00 AM »
Hardly a week ever goes by without me regretting selling my Fox Royal Crown.   Was by far the best bow I ever had out of the 20 plus custom bows.  It had a grip that just pointed and the arrows would go straight to the spot.   Best finish of any bow - period.  

I took a look the other day and they are expensive now, long waiting list, the Aussie dollar is low and it is expensive to bring a one-piece into the country.   Unfortunately, Perhaps this is a bow I will never own again, so memories will have to suffice I think.

Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »
I have 2. A JD Berry Serpentine that I had built years ago. Gorgeous wood,python skinned,carved snake head limb tips and shot great.I traded it for another really nice bow.

An Elburg 2 piece Jaguar Mite. Osage limbs with purple heart/cocobolo? riser. It was a neat bow,but I sold it. I know someone that wants the bow bad and I think it would be pretty cool to find it for him.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 10:06:00 AM »
There are two I would like to have back of the many I have bought and sold over the years.
My very first recurve was an Asbell era Colorado Bighorn.  Nothing special, but a good shooter, and being my first would be cool to find again.

The other is an RER XR recurve that I had custom made for me.  It was a great shooter, but I wasn't shooting it enough to justify keeping and wanted something else at the time (which has since long been sold off)  The XR was available not too long ago when I didn't have the funds to buy it back.  I'm still hoping that eventually it will find its way back home.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »
The "Legolas" bow.  A dwyer defiant that 1screagle sold me then asked for it back.  It was Corey Dwyers personal bow where he pulled out all the stops with the intent of using one season then selling.  Sue dwyer told me that if you we're to order that same bow it would probably be the most expensive bow they've made.  More importantly it was the perfect weight, put the first arrow on the mark and like all shorter semi-flat longbows was made to hunt.  Don't think Ken will sell it back, but he better not leave it alone at a shoot... Just saying   :saywhat:
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline abbatoys

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »
My custom Shrew made for me almost 25 years ago....Sold it for some unknown reason, young and dumb I guess....
62" Thunderstick Moab  52lb @ 28"
60" Bear Takedown 45lb @ 28"
60" Bear 59'er 45lb @ 28"

Offline CRS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
I am odd man out, I do not regret getting rid of any of my bows.  I do have a few that I will never get rid of though.

I have had some very good bows that ended in the hands of good friends and family. I do not regret those changing hands. In fact, I relish the fact that they are in good hands and I helped them into traditional archery.
Inquiring minds.......

Offline bogeyrider63

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
My Kota prairie swift arch royale. Beautiful bow with a grip that fit me perfectly. Was accurate and fast. Think of that bow quite often. Keep watching the classified's for it.

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
I have 2...My 1st Widow, an SA II and My Morrison Cheyenne
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Igor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
One piece BW recurve....had several early in my trad come back....wish I still did!

><>>

Glenn
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding In all your ways submit to him and he will direct your paths

Offline delongbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »
66" reverse handle hill style made by John McDonald. I've had plenty of bows since that were faster, prettier, smoother, etc. But none that were as fluid to shoot. Anytime I'm shooting, that big river is always in the back of my mind. Maybe someday it will wander back home  ;)

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
64" McCullough Griffin.  I'm a recurve guy but I still regret selling that bow.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
A 64" Whip in the low 40s. I traded it away for a heavier one. I like them around 50 now, but would love to have that low 40s back.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »
My 1967 Bear Kodiak Magnum that my ex-wife sold on Craigslist during our separation.....
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Daz

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2013, 12:15:00 PM »
A 67# Crow Creek BlackFeather that was amazing. My buddy's wife wanted it for him, and she knows that i won't say no to her or her family. One smile from her,a fist full of dollars, and away it went.

But he is now lusting after another bow of mine, so i may have it back for elk season this year...   :D
Less anger, more troubleshooting...

Offline britt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 12:18:00 PM »
Leftie Lost Creek Legacy I traded away.
"My gratitude speaks when I care and when I share the trad. way"

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
2 I'm always looking for..

64" RH Marriah Chinook named "the Springer"
66" RH St Charles laminated YEW T/D named "Ginger"
"Us vs Them"

Offline Cmane07

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »
My MA widow that was Bolivian rosewood.  Sold it because I was young and dumb I suppose but I feel like I think about it every day.
Caleb Hinton

58" PA-X cocobolo 50lbs @28"
"Luck favors preparation"

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »
Maybe my Assenheimer.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »
On the *********** I said my Martin Lynx, but on here I will say my 1964 Kodiak...sold it because I needed some cash and the good will that goes with selling it for not a whole lot of money...I shot that bow better than anything else I have owned...on a good day at 20 yards I would aim at the nocks of other people's arrows and hit pretty close
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©