3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The bow that you would like to have back  (Read 1344 times)

Offline wandering monk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The bow that you would like to have back
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
a long bow I made for a close friends brother in law around 20 years ago...I should have made a second one for me...some super special zebra wood...66" 50#@28...dug this out of an old album and scanned it...

ted/wandering monk
public land pope & young
public water 20"er

Offline doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2013, 08:26:00 PM »
My old Assenheimer. That bow was a deer magnet.   ;)
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline RETARMY06

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »
Not really my bow, but my step-fathers 52# American Archery recurve. It may have been a Cheetah model. It was way too much bow for me at the time, but he was lethal with it. Who knows I just may buy a used one - there are some floating around I'm sure.
He took a doe once from about 30 yards using matches taped on for sights - that's old school. And of course, rubber band silencers.

Offline RETARMY06

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
Not really my bow, but my step-fathers 52# American Archery recurve. It may have been a Cheetah model. It was way too much bow for me at the time, but he was lethal with it. Who knows I just may buy a used one - there are some floating around I'm sure.
He took a doe once from about 30 yards using matches taped on for sights - that's old school. And of course, rubber band silencers.

Offline RETARMY06

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2013, 10:17:00 PM »

Offline Spookeytooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2013, 10:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by David Mitchell:
Interesting thread.  I have on a couple of occasions sold a bow that I regretted selling and had a chance to get back--then I remembered why I sold them in the first place--usually wind up selling them again.  My view is that the eleventh commandment says something to the effect that "bow money must stay in bows" so when one is sold the money is tucked away for another.    :readit:    We mu8stn't violate the 11th commandment.    :nono:  
AMEN brother!!!
"I don't claim to know everything; I just know a lot about nothing"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©