3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The bow that you would like to have back  (Read 1343 times)

Offline highplains55

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The bow that you would like to have back
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »
two tracks ambush curve-RER arroyo curve- three JD Berry longbows,oh yeah two shrews and two griffins,what was i thinking!

Offline Bob Stager

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »
I had a Das Gen1 with Winex limbs that I wish I still had. I sold it after a couple of shoulder surgeries and wish I had kept it.

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
Black Widow PMA X Kingwood  sold it because it was a little light  and 64" long.....  :(   could of bought different limbs
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Offline Hubi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »
My EagleWing Talon Recurve......one of the best and I miss it!

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »
Gamemaster Jet by Jack Howard and Rocky Miller Predator T/D.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »
I had a 60" Black Widow SBS...[short black stick] That was 44# @ 29", Never realized what I had till it was gone.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »
A 60@28 Dan Quilian Bamboo Longhunter with a cracked handle. Dean Torges fixed the crack and I sold it because I did not trust it. I heard from someone who had it a couple years ago and it's still going strong. Killed a bunch of animals with it.   :help:

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2013, 05:41:00 PM »
Any of the three Jack Howard bows I "used to have". Plus there are a couple of Jeff Massie bows that I've wished would find their way back home.
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
My first traditional bow. A 52 inch Bear Black Panther Hunter 50/55.
 Wasn't a high performer, but more for sentimental reasons. Killed my first trad deer with it and my first buck, both in the same season.
 Harvested my one and only deer that I have ever successfully taken while stalking.  Spent a lot of time with that bow!!
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline RonD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
Jim Johnson "Legend" longbow.

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 08:09:00 PM »
My first stickbow. It was nothing special just my first and I made my first trad kill with it. Sold it to buy a custom mostly because it was too heavy though. It was a new Bear Grizzly recurve. I where it is too...
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline Papagallos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 10:17:00 PM »
Why did you have to remind me?  

A good friend of mine who I met through work introduced me to traditional bow hunting.  He's very dedicated to the "trad" spirit.  He found out that I was considering buying a compound bow and quickly advised otherwise.  A date was set to go over to his house to try various recurves and longbows that he owned.  I'll never forget the impression that I got from handling such beautiful looking bows.  The woods, the aesthetics, the feel, everything about them was something that I hadn't experienced. I tried different bows and I ended up falling in love with a longbow.  This particular longbow was, and I wasn't familiar with "brand" names back then, a Toelke Whip.  The Whip felt perfect for me.  It felt so perfect that I ordered one the following day.  I spoke to Mr. Toelke, and we settled on a Cocobolo riser and Bocote limbs, which was setup at 64", 45# @28".  That Whip was spectacular.  It was perfect. It shot like a dream. I then got the itch to order a Lynx, which I did, but I sold The Whip to fund it.  To this day I regret selling my Whip.  Thanks for depressing me.  :D

Offline juneaulongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Fannin Texas
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »
Robertson Stykbow Purist 55@26 62" Bolivian Rosewood Riser, Red Elm limbs. Has my name on it ... I traded it to Bison Packs and they must have sold it to someone... If this is you let me know!

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »
I had a 58# Bamboo Longhunter by Dan Quillian that really shot well for me. I traded it for a higher poundage Longhunter, which for a while was just fine. Now that I am older, I just can't pull the heavier bow, so I wish I had the other one back.
Sam

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »
My 50# Martin Dreamcatcher. It was my "President Bush" bow. The president sent each of us $300 that year and I bought the bow with the money. Really nice bow that I sold to by a Lone Wolf treestand.

All the other bows I got rid of were because they were too heavy in draw wt. Even if I had them back, I couldn't shoot them.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
Numerous Treadway Black Forest Longbows...

Offline Bob at Work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »
a 2 piece Matlock that had cool black and white cobra skins on it...was his pic bow on his website...
Bob

Offline stik&string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2013, 05:08:00 PM »
My limited edition Robin Hood by Howard Hill Archery. It lost out to a heavier Hill when I went to 1 bow only last season.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »
I had a Lost Creek 60" 42# Life Ender that was all bocotte, shot like a dream, but was right handed. It was the 4th or 5th Lost Creek I owned and was everything I could ask a bow to be. I sold it to a young lady here on Trad Gang and I sure hope she appreciates it. Had it been a left-hander, no sane amount of money could have bought it. If I come into a sudden inheritance (and that isn't likely   :)   ), I'll ask Chad Francis to try to duplicate it with the shelf on the other side.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »
This one at one time. Bought it back 3 times. Shes home for good now.    :deadhorse:  

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©