3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2 fletch  (Read 481 times)

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2 fletch
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »
I would think if your nocks are adjustable it wouldn't matter how your jig is set, just glue on a feather, after glue is set, pull arrow from jig, spin it over and replace it in jig and feathers should be 180 degrees. Then index the nock where you want it.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »
I just ordered some arrows. Gonna give this 2 fletch thing a try!
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
Well you all have talked me into it!  I know my arrows shoot fine with 3-3" so 2-5" would still give me an extra inch of steering.  Just got to let the last coat of poly dry.

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »
I am going to give it a try.  I have some new shafts that bareshaft tuned pretty well.  I few years ago at a 3D shoot one of my feathers was shot off.  I shot the arrow with 2 feathers for the heck of it and it seemed to fly about the same as when it was 3 fletched.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Kris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »
Exactly old_goat2 or set your Bitz to 90/90 (four fletch) and rotate 180 for the opposing fletch.

I also turbulate my arrows which is a band (cap wrap material) ~ 1/16" wide and a few thousandths high in profile, about 1/4" in front of the fletching.  This turbulates the air flow just in front of the fletching and allows laminar air flow to occur over the fletches thereby making them more efficient i.e. smooth/consistent air flow acting on the surface of the fletch.  

None of this is my idea but from Dr. Ed Ashby's/O.L. Adcock from his A&A article.  Cool stuff.  These concepts are used throughout the aerospace industry.  Try it to potentially improve the arrow flight with any fletch size and configuration.

Kris

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©