3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Attn: Front Range Bowhunters  (Read 273 times)

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Attn: Front Range Bowhunters
« on: July 03, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
On the weekend of July 12 & 13th (Friday/Saturday),the Full Draw Film Tour is coming to the Front Range. If you are not familiar with what the FDFT is, it is a non-profit organization that is raising money for hunt of a lifetime. They reach out to bowhunting independent film makers out west to submit 8-12 minute videos of western bowhunts. This year (it is their third year), they have 7 short films they will be showing and a "bonus" 40 minute film at the end as an encore. While all but one of the submissions are "wheelie" hunts, I am proud to say that my stickbow submission was accepted and has been generating a lot of comments from our more technology driven brothers. I wanted to reach out to all of you stickbow enthusiasts to come and pack the house on Friday night at the show in Fort Collins at Rocky Mountain Archery at 4518 Innovation Dr or on Saturday night at The Oriental Theatre in Denver, 4335 West 44th Ave. I'm flying out with my family and will catch the show up in Fort Collins and would love to see a bunch of you guys there. I caught the first show in Reno and it is not one to be missed. It is not your typical hunting TV, whack and stack. There are some really well done videos, from the creative, filming and narrative standpoint. Come rub elbows with hundreds of other guys as you watch a bunch of elk hunts and a few good mule deer hunts. I promise you won't be disappointed. If you don't live near the Front Range, but know someone who does, call them and make sure they are aware of the event. Below is a link to the teaser for my hunt. You can buy advance tickets on the FDFT website. Looking forward to seeing you at the Show!!

http://fulldrawfilmtour.com/2013-filmmakers/stalker-stickbow/

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Attn: Front Range Bowhunters
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 06:40:00 PM »
Best of luck! Great teaser wish i could watch it fully!
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
Awesome event, really gets the blood pumping in anticipation of the season opening! Me and my wife will be there for sure, comes hell or high water!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »
Sounds like a cool deal, South! Can't make that but hope I get a chance to see your video one of these days.

BTW, I decided to go about refinishing Hope on my own. I needed a project and this fit the bill. Don't worry though, I got another top notch boyer (and good friend) Bob Sarrels watching over me to make sure I don't make any bad mistakes. I'm in the middle of it now and will post up some pics after I get her finished.

Bisch

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »
Bisch, if I can shoot straight this fall I hope to have a backcountry dvd put together that will have the hunt from the FDFT on it. It should be pretty good. I'm sure you'll do Hope justice. Would love to see the pics when you finish up.

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
I'll see if I can make it to the Oriental.  Maybe my daughter will want to go with me.
homebru

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »
It's to bad that the FDFT doesn't make a DVD copy of the show and sell it on their web site. Sure way to add revenue for their hunt of a lifetime fund raiser!
Glenn

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by Coonbait:
It's to bad that the FDFT doesn't make a DVD copy of the show and sell it on their web site. Sure way to add revenue for their hunt of a lifetime fund raiser!
Glenn
Excellent idea!

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 01:52:00 AM »
They will be doing that next year. The show from 2013 will be on sale at the 2014 shows and I'd imagine on their site as well. They'd have done it this year with last year's show, but some of the contributors used music that wasn't licensed to them. So, if you don't make the show this year, you will still be able to see it, you'll just miss out on the ambiance and comradery.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©