3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Super Kodiaks New ones as good  (Read 130 times)

Offline bobman

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Super Kodiaks New ones as good
« on: July 05, 2013, 07:52:00 AM »
If my cardiologist lets me I will be getting rid of my strong bows and getting a 40LB bow. I've been shooting a long bow for a lot of years but have been thinking if I have to drop to only 40 LBs I would probably get a little more speed out of a recurve in that low of a weight.

Ironically I sold all my super Kodiaks on here a couple years ago.

My question is the quality of the current ones as good or better than the old ones?

I am leaning toward a one piece instead of the takedowns I used to own.

My second choice would be another longhunter like mine in 40 LBs.

The 40 Lbs is what is the minimum in some states so that's the number if the doc says I can..

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Super Kodiaks New ones as good
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:15:00 AM »
I would get a take down then if things improve you can get heaver limbs. To answer your question the new ones are very good.
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
bobman, I have longbows, recurves, and hybrids.  By my experience, I do not have a recurve that shoots as well pound for pound as my Mike Treadway Black Swamp hybrid longbow.  If you love longbows, you might want to look at a good hybrid. They have many of the qualities of good recurves, but also the ease of stringing and more the look of a longbow.  I guess it's just my preference, but I just don't call hybrid bows "longbows".    :rolleyes:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
bobman, I have a '72' Super K and a '08' Super K. The only diff I see is a little more speed with the newer bow. I think that is because of the fast flight string on the newer bow.
I am not familiar with today's Super K but will say the grip looks more like my older bow. I had to make the '08' bow slimmer in the grip area. I also lower the arrow shelf some.
I do not know what archery retail stores are near you but with the new interest in archery all the Bear dealers around here have Bear recurves in stock to try. Oh yes, Try a Bear Montana longbow. It is a decent longbow for the dollars.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©