3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How fast is fast?  (Read 3807 times)

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How fast is fast?
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2013, 07:47:00 AM »
This is America. What do Americans do? We tinker. We are never satisfied.

Is B 50 good enough when there are lighter, faster, stronger, quieter string materials out there?

I appreciate My #54 lb. bow that shoots like my #64lb. bow did 25 yrs. ago.

I hope guys like Steve and Kirk never stop R&D.

I'll take all the horsepower I can get.

Whats the downside?
Tom

Offline Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »
This topic has arrived and arrived quite a bit earlier than the 13th page at the same place it always gets to, whether it's here or at "the other" forum. It may be overly simplistic but whether you are hunting or shooting 3d it's pretty much the difference between 175-190 f.p.s. at 15 to 25 yards and really there ain't much.

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2013, 10:46:00 AM »
This site is not the LW, you should be able to come on here and ask a decent question about speed, and not endure asinine comments.  
Obviously you don't think I should be afforded the same privilege.  Quite a long post to say the obvious--nobody did say either of those things.

Whats the downside?
Didn't say there was.  Nothing wrong with manufacturers developing cars that will run 200 mph, but that doesn't mean you need one to drive down the highway.

Interesting. I keep getting reminded about what site this  isn't , yet you ignore the fact that I never attacked anyone.  To the contrary, I'm the one who was attacked, based on nothing but false accusations.  

Why?  Because I was concerned about someone I thought was a beginner getting discouraged because he didn't have the "right" equipment.  How silly of me to care.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: July 05, 2013, 12:05:00 PM »
Nobody on here said you have to have a bow that shoots 180 or 190 fps at all. All I am seeing is that some people on here have a desire to shoot high performance bows and some don't. Nor did I see anyone "attack" anyone else. What I am starting to see though is lots of strong, needless, defensive comments.

Not everyone who is pointing out differences of opinions is directing them at you, Chad.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2013, 12:25:00 PM »
"Obviously you don't think I should be afforded the same privilege. Quite a long post to say the obvious--nobody did say either of those things."

You will have explain that comment, because, I wasnt talking about you.
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: July 05, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
How did this thread go from "How fast is Fast" written by a  bowyer, to a Joan of Arch soap opra?
   :dunno:

Would you guys please stop it?  

I some times think this crap is done to purposely get a thread pulled.  :dunno:  

This thread is about the research & development a new bowyer is doing with the desire to build the best traditional bow he can.... We have a lot of other sponsors here that have the same goals... to provide a better product for Traditional bow hunters....

There is some good info on this thread.... If you guys mess around and get the thread pulled the info will be lost to everyone.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: July 05, 2013, 05:53:00 PM »
Exactly what Kirk said. So many times there have been really great info threads pulled because of this. Perhaps the admins could figure a way to just delete posts that do not go to the thread instead of deleting an entire thread.
Anyway. How fast is fast? 180 is fast. It is more than adequate. For a belly mount it is faster than average.
So build from that. You can and will find places to improve as you are inspired. From the point you obviously  are at I would start adding anything I could find that would increase overall performance and fit and finish.

God bless, Steve

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: July 06, 2013, 04:33:00 PM »
True Six by.....I'm on vacation and will try and clean it up and open it back up.....not sure what all was posted....but will review next week.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©