3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rancho Safari Longcoat or ASAT 3-D Leafy  (Read 289 times)

Offline Barry Winner

• Trad Bowhunter
Rancho Safari Longcoat or ASAT 3-D Leafy
« on: July 07, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
I narrowed it down to these two.  I have a Bass Pro leafy that I like, but it seems dark and I want something with more contrast.  I am looking for any input to help make my decision.  Thanks.
HH Tembo [email protected]
HH Cheetah [email protected]
Martin Savannah [email protected]
Trying to build selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of MD
Mayberry Archers

Online Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rancho Safari Longcoat or ASAT 3-D Leafy
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »
I have owned both, but the ASAT is what I kept. The Rancho Safari is really cool, but it is heavier and takes some trimming to shoot out of.  If I only hunted from the ground without a blind, I would have probably stayed with the Rancho, but for all around hunting, be it tree stand or stalking, I really like the ASAT. Early season, I may only have a light t-shirt and shorts under the ASAT.  Great for stalking turkeys or squirrels and I just love the pattern.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »
I too own both, and I have given the leafy suit to my boys and I use the RS Longcoat for all my ground hunting.  Too many close encounters to count, and eliminates the use of a pop up blind.  Yes they do require trimming, but this way you can make it fit YOU and your needs.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »
Haven't tried the ASAT but I have a RS longcoat that I like a lot.  Takes a little trimming but that isn't a big deal.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
I also own both and prefer the RS long coat for ground hunting. I pack in with my seat and long coat anywhere from 1/2 mile to 1 mile on public land without problem. I carry my long coat, face mask and hat over my shoulder in a mesh laundry bag I purchased from Wal-Mart. Very little weight and no chance of lost items. Yes, it is heavier than the leafy suit but the trimming has never been a problem. Heck, I had to trim my leafy suit as well as the long coat. Enjoy and "Keep'Um Sharp".   :campfire:

Online TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 02:01:00 PM »
From what Ive read, there is somethin bout the Asat Leafy camo pattern that the deer seem to look right thru you. Im sure both are good but Im gonna try thr Asat Leafy this year.

Offline lunchbucket

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »
I can only comment on the Asat leaf suit since I have no experience with other.I have had mine for 6 years and could not be happier.It has held up well and I believe it is as close to being invisible to deer and other wildlife as you can get.

Offline Gooserbat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
I'm not trying to hijack anyone's thread but take a look at the "All Predator Calls Kill Suit"  I have one and it's nice.
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©