3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Catching Trespasser's  (Read 847 times)

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Catching Trespasser's
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 06:40:00 PM »
There may be a possibility there Joe. These guys always scout the hill the day before the season. I was doing the same last year and caught them on one of the neighbors property. That could work if i can get the interest of the Conservation dept. Trouble is they don't usually want to bother with simple trespass matters. My ex-brother in law is a retired C.O, so maybe I can get him to throw some weight on the matter. To me it's a big deal, but to law enforcement its a big hassle they rather not deal with.Can't blame them, that's just the way it is. They get hundreds of trespassing calls every deer season.With limited resources, they have other priorities.
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 07:37:00 PM »
Thank you everyone for your helpful insights and care. To tell you the truth,I just need to leave it to the man up stairs.

God bless, Knawbone
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
I hope it works out for you I cant stand people who do things like that

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
I definitely would not alert anyone of the possibility of your taking matters into your own hands...tires, etc.  

Are these fellows predictable?  If so, just be where you can physically take the pictures yourself. Then you have the evidence you need for LE. Of course the owner (you I hope) has to be willing to press charges.  Officers detest, and I don't blame them, just running people off. If they spend their time they want to make the trespassers pay...literally.  

By the way, If the local CO doesn't want to pay you any mind I'd write three letters, 1 each to my state rep, agency director, and the board or Commission member who represents your area.  Agencies get so few letters they pay attention.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »
Please make sure you are armed.  Protect yourself.  Here in FL trespass hunting is a felony to my knowledge.  You are way too nice a guy but good on you for being civilized.  If it were my land I don't think I could abide more than 1 time let alone 10 years.  What's that jingle?-  trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again...

Whatever you do be safe.  Good luck.  Give em hell.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »
:biglaugh:

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
Thanks bowwild, These guys trespass at random and are never predictable. Hence my reason for wantimg a trip line style camera. I think if i could find one that could be triggered by a thread size line, one in which they wouldn't feel and a camera that could be easily hidden, that would be the ticket. I am going to add more trail cameras to my benefit and post that the property is protected by such. Maybe that and another talk with them will resolve the matter. I also will continue to pursue the matter threw judicial means, and I very much appreciate your input.
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
I think your sheriff's dept would be the best bet and since you already know who these guys are and may have names and could possibly get their addresses perhaps a letter from an attorney outlining the consequences of trespassing on your property would make it official, have them cc the Sheriff's office with the same letter. It worked for my Dad when we had a guy trespassing and making threats. Never saw that guy again.
Member NCBA

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »
Nineworlds9, You can't even punch a trespasser in NY, let alone shoot one.
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29

Offline 7 Lakes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013, 09:37:00 PM »

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
David, I think we all hear your frustration.  

I thank Bud for correcting me earlier. The gist of the post was to talk with the law before thinking game cams would be an end all.

Taking matters into your own hands isn't a good idea.  I hope your persistence with the Sheriff or Encon will pay off.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 12:28:00 AM »
Get photos of them then sue them in civil court.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 01:39:00 AM »
David I'm with Izzy on this one. Contact both the County Sheriffs and the NYSP along with your local ENCON officer. Be kind with your request, but show your concern. if you get them all working together your problem should go away. You can help gather evidence and information to help them, but don't take the law into your own hands. That could leave you open to civil liabilities.  Also be aware to who these individuals are and their ties to the community. If everyone is on board you should have smooth sailing and stress that to all involved. If need be contact an attorney to help you get your point across.    :readit:   Above all remember your third eye and watch your back and don't let anger affect your decisions.

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 05:43:00 AM »
Thanks Lee, I will continue to pursue the matter in a responsible and professional manor. As I said before, two wrongs don't make a right. It has been helpful to vent my feelings and get input from my TG family. I'm not the only land owner that they trespass on, so that fact may lend itself to more solutions as well. I will talk to some of the neighbors to get there take on the situation, talk to law enforcement again and get this resolved by persistance and legal council if need be.

Thanks again one and all
God bless, KB
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 06:01:00 AM »
Knaw, you've got a good head on your shoulders seem to have your wits about you.  The few comments after mine do make a lot of sense considering our current day and age, what with lawsuits being filed at the drop of a hat.  I really hope you get the law on your side and these guys get the book thrown at em.  Either way, good on you for taking the high road.  I'm still not sure I could given my temper and things like this being a hot button issue for me.  I think for me it would be just one more example of this age's entitlement culture.  I really hope these guys get busted hard.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
Consult with your local law enforcement/wardens service and all that....but also,  dont give up on your camera scheme.    Like woodchucker said,   bring your climber,  sticks, or even an extension ladder....put those cameras at an elevated position (12 ft min Id say).   Cut wedges out of a 2x4, 2x6 or whatever.  Mount the cam with the wedge behind it, to give you your downward angle.   Remeber,   yeah....maybe they will "walk" for the tresspassing violation.  But you may also catch them doing other illegal activities on your cams! You'll have document date and time.   Put them in the right place and you may get some interesting and or useful photos!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »
Again, Dec is not your best avenue in thus instance. As you know, they're stretched out beyond being readily available. All ny state have the ability to enforce environmental laws but this is not one. This is a penal law issue.

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
You said that you know where they park thier vehical.....

I'd go on that auction site(or wherever) and buy a boot!!! Boot their tire and leave your phone # on a piece of tape on the boot. Treat it just like illegal parking! charge them $100 to remove the boot... Btw, when they call you, make a call & have the Sherrif's Deputys in route. With the Deputy there, explain that they are not welcome & are tresspassing. They can pay you $100 or the Deputy can write them a ticket... Their call!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »
Sorry KB, just saw that they are tresspassing on your neighbor's propertys as well... Get together with your neighbors,and whenever one of you see's them on any of your propertys. Go and boot thier truck!!!!! Now they've not only "lost" your property, but all of your neighbor's propertys as well!!!

Strength in numbers.....

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »
Just thinking...

In the event that you're unable to get your hands on a boot, A short piece of log chain & a monster padlock works almost as good!!!!!

(put it through the "spokes" of most rims & around the tire)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©