3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: military issue primaloft ?  (Read 182 times)

Offline Day Dreamer

• Trad Bowhunter
military issue primaloft ?
« on: July 08, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »
Anyone use the pants and jacket for cold weather stand hunting?

Is it noisey?

Any other info would be appreciated

Ernie

Offline krink

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: military issue primaloft ?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
I have the full "happy" suit, the extreme cold weather stuff.  I will not wear it for deer hunting because of is noise.  This stuff is amazingly warm so I am kind of sad about not being able to use it.  I have thought about putting a old pair of coveralls over it to cut down the sound but I dont think the extra bulk will help.  

So with it being so noisy it only gets used on some crazy cold days when I am duck hunting.  The coldest I have experienced with it on was 4 degrees, wind chill at -11, and I rode my dirt bike into work.

Edit:  My stuff is the USMC issue stuff.  Coyote brown.  Im not sure if there is different outer fabric so my observations are based on what I have.  Here is a link to what I have.

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/pdmice/InfoPapers/clothing/2009/ECWParkaTrouser_2009.pdf
The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a Marine Corps for the next five hundred years.
---James Forrestal

Sticks and stones will break some bones and feed my family this winter.

Offline krink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
Also If you want I can try to get a video of me drawing with the top on so you can hear what it sounds like.
The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a Marine Corps for the next five hundred years.
---James Forrestal

Sticks and stones will break some bones and feed my family this winter.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
The military bear suit is nice(military surplus stores) If you can find a pair of Navy watch pants and coat from back in the day they are the best I ever wore. Made with a wool lining quiet and they come up to your kidney for a full back cover when sitting.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©