3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bob lee compared to widow  (Read 321 times)

Online ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bob lee compared to widow
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 03:36:00 AM »
i own a couple of lee takedown recurves and can only really comment on them. i have shot a couple of different widows briefly and i prefer the lee's. the asbell grip on the widow is ok but i don't like the slimmer standard grip at all. plus i personally don't like the plywood look of the widow risers. just too many lams for my liking.

the grip on the lee's are my favourite. there is also zero handshock with them.

both bows are fine bows. get the one you find suits you most.
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline nevada cody

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bob lee compared to widow
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
The thing is the pma series shoots real well for me and i have only shoot a friends bob lee and like i said before it shoot extremely high compared to my pmax i helped him bare-shaft and tune it
now i think it was something wrong with that bow cause he bought it second hand and it needed a very high nocking point  compared to my pmax and when  at 18 meter indoor range draw back look at target get sight picture release the bob lee shoot so much higher but grouped  ok .
i dont know reason it shoots high for me is that the arrow sits lower on  my hand on the widow or if the tiller is out cause i did measure tiller on the bob lee and it was heavy bottom limb by more than 1/4
, not sure if that would of made such big difference but tiller was ca 11 mm what ever that is in imperial thx cody
ps sorry for bad spelling i live in australia but originaly from sweden

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©