3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sitka Gear - Stratus Pant- trad bow feature  (Read 215 times)

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
Sitka Gear - Stratus Pant- trad bow feature
« on: July 12, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »

For those looking for hunting pants, I have found the new improvements to the Sitka Gear, Stratus pant to be very useful. I have always liked these pants for hunting whitetails from tree stands, because of the wind-stopper layer and insulation, but now the added boot over synch flap and inseam pockets just below the knees make them even better for traditional archers. I suggested the inseam pocket to management, and now they have fashioned them just below the knee so I would not have to sew one there my-self. This pocket is designed to accept the lower limb tip of a recurve or longbow so I can support the bow more easily at the ready position with an arrow nocked. This support helps reduce muscle fatigue as I wait for the game to move closer. The boot flap allows for tucking the pant leg into a tall rubber boot or walking pack boot, and then synch an over flap to help prevent water and debris from getting into the boot. It may help reduce some scent from escaping out of the boot top as well, but I prefer to try and stay down-wind from game anyway. This design will also make a great pant for hunting moose or caribou in Alaska as well. The wind-stopper lining will also be appreciated on long boat rides or responsible ATV rides to reach the hunting area. I feel they will be a nice compliment to the Stratus Jacket which is also very functional. Mike

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sitka Gear - Stratus Pant- trad bow feature
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 11:00:00 AM »
Hey Mike,
    How quiet is the material used on those  pants? Just wondering about wearing them in a spot and stalk type situation and sometimes clothes with wind stopper linings can be a bit noisy.
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
Hey I like it.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 12:01:00 PM »
I know a lot of guys who like them for moose hunting, stalking and calling. Yes they do have a little more noise than pure stil-hunting pants, but to me they are a little more versatile. I stalked up to and shot a feeding doe in the open last year wearing them, but that is only one example.

I have suggested to Sitka to look into a plaid pattern for the Stratus line to gain even more attention for the traditional hunter. We will see. But to me these are a very usuful pant for multiple hunting situations than just sitting in a tree. Ha!

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
That's sure going to beat putting the lower tip in my cargo pocket.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 01:16:00 PM »
Thanks for the additional info Mike.
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 01:25:00 PM »
Very cool! I've been using my boots for that for some time now.
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »
I just ordered the new Early Season Whitetail Pant from Sitka Gear. I hope they put the loop on them too.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Yes Steve. The draw string gasket above your boot as well as the inseam pocket are on both the Stratus and the Early Season Whitetail pant. The pocket is more than just a loop. It might not be in the exactly correct location for every hunter height / bow length combination, but it is a start. I have not seen this on any non-custom production pant. There is one on each leg. If you don't want it, I guess you could easily snip it off with some scissors. Mike

Offline Soonerlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »
I like Sitka Gear but well above my GS grade level. Great idea on the pocket, might have to start modifying my own.
PSE Legacy 55@28
Diamondback Venom 55@28

US Army MP 2000-'08

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »
I really like that bow holder addition.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 12:55:00 PM »
Some ask about insulation, this photo shows inner layer for Stratus of checked micro fleece.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©