3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: trail cameras  (Read 235 times)

Online jess stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
trail cameras
« on: July 12, 2013, 11:08:00 PM »
Our local Wally world has both a Bushnell and a Stealthcam for $100.  I have never owned a trail camera.  Which of the two would you suggest?

Offline 4 point

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: trail cameras
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 01:38:00 AM »
Jess, my buddy has had good luck with the small Bushnells, not sure of the model. Stay away from the black flash stuff. He had a couple of those and the night pic's are really dark.

Offline chanumpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 01:47:00 AM »
Jess,A friend of mine had a real expensive one and a real cheap Tasco.He sent me great pics from both.The cheep Tasco took some really nice ones.I bought my first,a Cheap Wild game.It has done really good for 2 years.Goes to show,good enough is sometimes really good.

Online jess stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 08:39:00 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions, the recommendations are very much appreciated.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
I too am trail cameraless. Thanks for the timely post and responses. Been eyeing a cheapo just because I have a feeling it'll get stolen at some point.

Is one of the above mentioned cameras infrared without flash? I want a camera that has no flash so it doesn't draw attention from nearby homes. I'm not too concerned about night pics for the flash reason and helping thieves find it.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
Sorry I can't help you with the specific models.I have been using 8MP Bushnell Trophy cams for about 3 years and they have worked very well.

Having said that,every model put out by a given company may not function as well.It is a good idea to get model numbers and look up reviews of the specific models at sites like chasingame.com

Some of the most important features to look for are:
1.Good battery life (with AA batteries)
2.Fast trigger speed.App. 1 second is good,less is great.

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
go to trailcampro.com and read up on them. You get what you pay for. A cheap camera will not give you quality photos, there as some really crappy products out there
Make a life, not a living

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
Well I have had great luck with the $99 Bushnell trail cam from wal mart!  I have 3 now! MY FIL has two.  I have more expensive cams by bushnel and moultrie and hands down my fav is the $99 Bushnel. I usually wait till they have the camo model in stock. Dont buy the cards in sporting section go to the photo section they are alot cheaper.
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 06:47:00 PM »
Thanks LC.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
$99 bushnel takes great night time pics with infrared  they are black and white though  i have a expensive black out cam that takes blurry picks night or day if there is ANY movement of the animal
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©