3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Palmer Bow Mate Elite Quiver  (Read 783 times)

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
Palmer Bow Mate Elite Quiver
« on: July 15, 2013, 12:19:00 PM »
As we approach the 2013 Hunting season I am looking to possibily make some changes to my set-up.  Normally I hunt with a quiver attached to my bow, and for 30+ years that has served me well.  Lately I have been thinking of going to a back or side quiver, and was wondering who has experience with the Palmer quivers.  I like the concept; have even watched a Youtube video or 2 on how the they work.  I am interested in the opinions of my brothers/sisters of the bow!  Thanks in advance!

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Palmer Bow Mate Elite Quiver
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
I have owned one, It is a very well built quiver and provides a lot of protection for your arrows. However, for me it was not comfortable to wear for any length of time. I think the reason why it is uncomfortable is because it is so ridged. It is also fairly heavy and much longer than I need it to be.

I have owned the Palmer Bow Mate Elite, the Dogware and the Safari Tuff; and for me, the Safari Tuff arrow master is the best of the bunch. I like it the best because it is ridged enough to protect my arrows, but it is also soft enough to allow it to give a little and conform to my back a little better and thus it makes it much more comfortable. furthermore, it is lighter, a little shorter and the foam in the bottom for broadheads is the best foam of the three as well.

Good luck, I hope you find what will work for you!

Charlie
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Online Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »
I like mine and used it all of last season.  Any type of similar quiver takes some getting used to, especially since you are accustomed to a bow quiver.  I still believe that for sheer convenience, a bow quiver cannot be beat.  However, I like a certain physical weight to my bows and the ones that I am using now do not feel right with a bow quiver, thus my change.

I liked the Palmer better than the Safari Tuff that I used to have.  As Charlie mentioned, the Palmer is a bit heavier, due to the tube that they use.  I like the placement of the pocket better and grew used to the slightly heavier design and you do not have to worry about the protection of your arrows.  

Best thing would be if you could try each one for a bit, if you can lay your hands on one of each, and decide which suits your personal style the best.

Oh, also have a GFA that I still use occasionally.  It is handy, but offers no protection for your feathers.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 04:33:00 PM »
Appreciate the feedback on these diifferent models.  This is a tough decision for me; sometimes hard to give up what you are used to.  I just find that there have been many times that I wish I did not have the quiver on my bow, or if I did take it off and hung it next to me, getting second arrow ready had its "oops" moments.  I am sure no one else can relate to this !(LOL)

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 05:56:00 PM »
I love mine. I have the Palmer and a Dawgware. Palmer is built very well and offers best arrow protection. Dawgware is a bit more comfortable and lighter. I would like to have all three but the Palmer is my go-to for hunting.
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 06:23:00 PM »
I love mine! it is the only quiver I use now for all of my hunting.
James Kerr

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
I'm right fond of mine. Can't compare it to a Dawgware or Safari Tuff, because I've never owned either. I use it when I hunt on the ground, and use a bow quiver when I go up a tree.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 06:44:00 PM »
I love mine and I have totally abandoned the bow mounted quiver accordingly.  I haven't tried any other versions (really no need to) so I cannot compare or comment on them.  I picked this one because I travel with my equipment and occasionally hunt the mountains and to me it offered the best protection and convenience.

Offline dink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 07:08:00 PM »
i bought one last year to hunt with my silver fox.It was hard to decide between that and the dawgware.i think the dawg would offer more room and be bit more comfy.I will use the bow mate with my longbows but still prefer a bow mount for my recurves trying to get a great northern.

matt

Offline monsterbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
Love mine. Best arrow protected quiver on the market. Other than being a little heavier, I think it's great. I like the idea of completely covering the fletching, and the top for it. Easy arrow removal, and easy to load with arrows. Many different strap configurations to chose from as you can tighten it, or loosen very easily. Hope this helps. God bless.
John 3:16  Whosoever Will

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
I sold my Safari for a Palmer.  Good decision on my part.  As mentioned, the pocket is in a better spot and overall it's just tougher.  Nothing against the others, the Palmer just fits better for me.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
I really appreciate all of this input. Especially the ability to hear the pros and cons of all sides.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »
Great thread the bow mate elite sounds nice

Trying to ween myself from a bow quiver

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »
My Palmer is with me always. Even when shooting around my own range,going to other shoots,etc. I honestly don't even realize I'm wearing it now. And I'll tell you one more thing,I can get arrows in&out of that thing lightning quick,and never have to look. I absolutely love it. I carry a firestarting kit,hunting knive,spare nocks,a powerbar,toilet paper,tape,and a bottle of water in the zippered cargo area. It has a compass right on the strap. I'll never own any other quiver.   rat'
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
Rat, now that is what I call a good use of space!  I now have a Palmer on the way... it should arrive in a few days and can't wait to give it a try.  Again, all of this feedback has been helpful in my decision.  I will give a report once I have a chance to try it!

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by BrownA5:
Rat, now that is what I call a good use of space!  I now have a Palmer on the way... it should arrive in a few days and can't wait to give it a try.  Again, all of this feedback has been helpful in my decision.  I will give a report once I have a chance to try it!
please do give a report   :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©