3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tims Taper tools......?  (Read 334 times)

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
Tims Taper tools......?
« on: September 02, 2007, 01:06:00 AM »
Hi all,

Well I've just finished up hand tapering (Breasted) and sanding some shafts that I owe a friend of mine. The ones i did worked out fine and I'm happy with the outcome but I'm looking at moving up to a sanding bench machine and I looked at these tools that are selling.

Anyone have and "Good oil" on both the barrel and end taper jigs being sold through Wes Wallace?

In the near future I'm planning on footing arrows and the sanding method looks to be the "cats meouw".

Thanks,

A.K.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tims Taper tools......?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 01:17:00 AM »
Wes's shop is only about 5 miles from my place Al...but i haven't a clue what you are talking about here...."Good Oil"????? is that similar to "The straight poop"??? let me know and i could go do a visit with him and find out for you....after building a couple of my own bows now, i'm itching to go shoot his stuff again....i haven't shot anything as nice as the bows he makes...nice guy too!

i could use a good taper jig myself

let me know... Kirk

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 01:22:00 AM »
Lol mate... yep "The stright poop"...! Here is a link for you...

http://www.weswallacebows.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=accessories.main&cat_id=3

And I'll 2nd the quality of his bows. Been looking at one of his longbows for some time now.

A.K.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 02:23:00 AM »
Well Al.....After reviewing the site and reading the instructions, you would play hell making your own jig out of scrap lumber for much less than what he's asking for them...especial after buying the hardware..... I've been playing around trying to build a jig i can use my routers to turn my own shafts with a little more efficiently...I've got many hours playing around in the shop, and still haven't come up with a real good one yet....one of these days it will come to me i'm sure....You want me to go eyeball one of these things for you?  

Kirk

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »
I find a Nicholson 49 rasp and some coarse sandpaper works pretty well for making barreled arrows from any soft wood shafting. But it is a slow process and creates a lot of dust. The last big batch of cedar shafts I just sent to Ted at  www.raptorarchery.com  he has all the tools to turn them out any way you want and the quality is perfect!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©