3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wild Things  (Read 804 times)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Wild Things
« on: June 07, 2013, 11:28:00 PM »
Anybody got some teaser pics of the new SC low country hog huntin' capital? I'm actually gettin' excited to get to go some time  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wild Things
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 06:39:00 AM »
I will in December!    :goldtooth:

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 06:42:00 AM »
Bud,

I know that Andrew is in the process of moving the facilities over to a much nicer site near the boat ramp.  Also doing more selective cutting and planting of food plots.

As soon as pics come through, I will post up!

We've got a fun group going the first week of December.  Gonna be an epic adventure!!

Bob
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Offline WhiteBeard121

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
Boat ramp? Hmmm...,

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »
The general area is great for hogs!  I may have to check out Wild Things one day too!

Hope you have fun Bud!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »
I did get an email from the "secretary"......fancy, fancy, LOL.

Can't wait to set up a trip.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by kbetts:
I did get an email from the "secretary"......fancy, fancy, LOL.

Can't wait to set up a trip.
Me too. I hit reply all just to guess how many got the reply...    :D

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »
Been down there a few times. The old Hog Heaven trailer was getting kind of worn out. The new set up will be new accommodations (Cabins and a lodge as i understand). The bunting will be on the same beautiful property along the Savanah River. I can't wait to get back there. It is a beautiful place. Bud, if you want more info just give me a shout.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 03:01:00 PM »
I've been once. I hate Ray's not gonna be so involved but am excited for the new. I worked some unexpected overtime that'll be enough for a hunt and gas money to get there and back.

Now to plan. Gotta get everything right.

Offline Pokerdaddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
Anyone have the contact info for Wild Things?  I've been to Hog Heaven and obviously booked through Ray, but was wondering how or if Andrew is handling bookings for Jan/Feb 2014.  I'd like to put together a Michigan group.  Thanks!
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
US Army 1992-94

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 09:55:00 PM »
lookie what I see

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 08:33:00 AM »
This will be the "lodge" where meals will be cooked and eaten. There is also a bunk house beside this, and a really cool pavilion right down by the lake. Looks like it will make a really nice camp!  I'll be posting more pictures in the coming weeks.
Thom

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 08:41:00 AM »
Just like Bud, I have had some extra income and will continue to work like crazy for a few more months. That will finance a few hunts and a trip to "hunt wild things" is on the list.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »
Website's looking good Thom.   :thumbsup:
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
Well I just might be spending some time there as it appears the Bacon Strip lease is going to be history...tippit
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by Pokerdaddy:
Anyone have the contact info for Wild Things?  I've been to Hog Heaven and obviously booked through Ray, but was wondering how or if Andrew is handling bookings for Jan/Feb 2014.  I'd like to put together a Michigan group.  Thanks!
Andrew that sounds like a great idea.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ray Hammond:
Let me know when you book it - if you want I'll grab squirrelly and come see you !
Will do Ray  :thumbsup:
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline TrueBlue

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 06:25:00 PM »
This is Andrew from Wild Things formerly Hog Heaven in the Low Country of South Carolina.  Ray directed me here and I wanted to join in to answer any questions you might have.  I'm techno challenged, so please bear with me.  
Our website is in the works and will be up and running soon.  Thank you for your patience and interest.
If you are interested in booking a hunt, checking on dates, or to just talk about the property, hunting in general, or offering advice and suggestions, my personal number is 803.943.8818 and I will return each call ASAP. My email is [email protected]. The work on the property is ongoing. We received eight inches of rain on Wednesday and Thursday this week. Many fields are planted in peas, sorghum and soybeans will be planted soon, along with fruit trees such as pear and persimmon, along with mast producing trees in the pine uplands.
Thank you for the positive notes you have sent. I'm sure you will all be happy with the changes.
Andrew

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©