3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wild Things  (Read 803 times)

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wild Things
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »
Andrew,

You must have found a kid to help you get on here and post! See, I told you it wasn't that hard.  :)  This is where the majority of your hunters will come from, it's good to see you post.

Hey, I saw the picture of your "shotgun house". I get it now. Can't wait to see it in person!

Dave
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 11:55:00 PM »
Welcome back to posting Andrew. I'll be calling you in a month or two for later in the year  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Pokerdaddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 12:11:00 AM »
Thanks for posting, Andrew!  I too will be getting in touch regarding a Jan/Feb date.  We have a few shoots this summer in Michigan where I'll see who's up for coming with me...might be a few Hog Heaven regulars we can scrounge up!  Can't wait to come back down!
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
US Army 1992-94

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 07:13:00 AM »
Andrew,
I will be in touch. I am looking forward to coming down to that beautiful country again soon and often. Thanks for keeping it going.
Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 12:36:00 PM »
Andrew, appreciate you posting and will be anxiously awaiting the updates.

Had the pleasure of meeting and talking with Andrew both trips to HH. Looking forward to crossing paths again.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »
Andrew,

The group for the first weekend of December is pumped!  Enjoyed our initial introduction last September.  Looking forward to the new operation and to spending time in camp with you and the Wild Thangs group!

Bob Corbitt
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 08:28:00 AM »
I've got a call scheduled with Andrew to talk about the website. We should have some more updates and maybe some new content posted before I head to Comptons this weekend.
Thom

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »
I know Ray's Hog Heaven had a heck of a run....I killed 3 my 1st visit including a 300#+ shielded sow "Bride of Horse Tail".

I'm sure the success stories and wonderful memories will continue.  I'd like to personally thank Andrew for allowing Ray to take hunters, including me, as an greatly enjoyed every minute on the property....and cherish the memories.

:campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline TrueBlue

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
Thank you all for the nice comments.  We had over eight inches of rain last week so the land is flooded and the roads almost impassable.  I was supposed to have a track hoe, bulldozer, and over equipment come in this week to enlarge some fields, build a couple of new roads, and to put another crossing across King Creek for better access to the swamp that will be nearer the new hunting camp.  Hopefully, the land will be drying some next week so we can proceed.
Many fields and road shoulders have been planted in peas and the hogs and, especially, the deer are being seen much more frequently.  Thank you again.  Will write more soon.  Andrew

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
:jumper:  

:archer2:

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline TrueBlue

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 02:37:00 PM »
Construction has begun in earnest on the cabin and bunkhouse for the new Wild Things camp.  My builders have gotten behind with their schedule because of the near record rains that we've been having this spring and summer.  Although the camp completion will be in early September, I've chosen to start accepting bookings for October 1.
Most of the fields are planted now in iron clay peas, an excellent source of protein,  and have already been chewed down to the ground.  This has primarily been done by the deer but we will be planting soybeans, sorghum, and more peas as soon as we can get back in the fields.
For those of you who have are familiar with this property, all of the swamp roads have been expanded and planted, which will add miles and miles of walking and stalking opportunities.  Corn is put out every day.  Sightings of hogs and deer are already much mor numerous than just a month ago.  
Will try to keep current postings here more regularly.  Thank you all again for your calls, emails, and interest in Wild Things.
Andrew

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 03:07:00 PM »
Thank you Andrew for keeping us updated.

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
My deposit goes out in the morning for our annual hunt. It looks likely that we will fill the camp. I am very anxious to see the new facilities.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
Andrew,

Thanks for the updates and for all the efforts to make this experience even more memorable (if that can even be done)!
 :   :thumbsup:    

Bob Corbitt
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »
Looking forward to our December trip to Wild Things.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
Andrew,
Now that the Bacon Strip as gone to new owners.  Keep me in mind if you have one person cancellations open up.  I'm in Aiken from November through June and will be looking for a hog fix next winter  :)   tippit
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
I talked with Andrew just before I went on vacation, there will be some more good stuff for the website soon. I'll give this a ttt when the next set of updates are up.
Thom

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
Outstanding news.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2013, 01:46:00 PM »
I got all the info on the homepage updated today, there is a bunch more coming but I think a few of you fellas might want to give it a read when you get a chance.
Thom

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
Great looking place! The old trailer had some ambiance but the cabin and pavilion look awesome. Can't wait to visit with Andrew again and get back there into hogs, the swamp, and mischief. Come on December!
Mike Davenport

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©