3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Nock throat widths ???  (Read 1031 times)

Offline skychief

• Trad Bowhunter
Nock throat widths ???
« on: July 18, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »
Does anyone know which press in nocks (for aluminums) have the widest throats?

It seems that I found a table with different nocks measurements online somewhere.   Anybody know where such information can be found?

Thanks for any help,  I am tired of filing my nocks!

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Nock throat widths ???
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:22:00 PM »
Easton 3D Super nocks have the largest and deepest throat of S-type(.246 ID) push in-nocks.These are different from the regular Easton Super nocks.These 3D Super nocks are my favorite for aluminum with uni-bushing and most of your carbons like CE,GT,Beman ICS and any arrow with a .246 ID.They have a .098 throat same as a lg G-nock.When I make my strings I like to have a finished serving diameter of around .108 to .110 for great nock fit.

Offline skychief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 10:31:00 PM »
Hmmm.   Thanks for the speedy reply.

I should have mentioned that I am shooting 2013's.   What are their I.D.'s?

I am going to go measure my serving diameter and list it here as that's a big part of the puzzle.

Offline skychief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 10:36:00 PM »
My served string measures .113".

Offline skychief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
Hmmm.   Thanks for the speedy reply.

I should have mentioned that I am shooting 2013's.   What are their I.D.'s?

I am going to go measure my serving diameter and list it here as that's a big part of the puzzle.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
If your 2013 have a uni-bushing they will take the standard S-type nock and they have a .246 ID,which is like 3D Super nocks,Super nocks,Gold tip nocks,Bohning Signature nocks.Easton aluminum arrows that are 20XX or larger that use a standard uni-bushing these are your standard .246 ID size nocks.Newer Easton 1816,1913 and 1916 use a X-bushing,they will use a X-nock(with a .204 ID)the same as Easton Axis/MFX.There is a few but usally target aluminum arrows that will use a G-bushing with a .166 ID,they will use a G-nock which comes in two sizes.A small groove with a .088 throat and a large groove with a .098 throat.The Easton 3D Super nocks have a .098 throat,and a longer smoother throat then any other nocks I have found.I don't think there are any other push-in type nocks with a larger throat then .098 that I have found.Thats why I try to make all my strings to fit that diameter with about .108 to .110 diameter.I got tired of sanding my nocks too,not as consistent as serving to fit a nock that I shoot.A diameter of .113 is pretty close,the Easton 3D Super nock is my favorite nock.

Offline skychief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »
Thanks a lot JRY.  I need to reserve and find some of the 3d nocks.   Maybe I can find some at Cloverdale this weekend.

I really appreciate your help!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©