3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Beeman Centershot 500 footing  (Read 256 times)

Offline Bahrzoo

• Trad Bowhunter
Beeman Centershot 500 footing
« on: July 20, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
Has anybody tried to foot these with a alluminum arrow? I have tried 2016 and 2018 and they are to small.
So I tried a 2013 and its still to small. The 2117 is to big and sloppy. Does anybody know what works for a alluminum arrow on a Beeman Centershot 500?

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Beeman Centershot 500 footing
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 12:52:00 AM »
Do you know the exact diameter of your Beman's ? That would help a lot.To be honest there is nothing inbetween those two sizes,meaning I.D.,except 2012 and I don't think they are currently listed.

Sometimes a footing can seem too tight if they get pinched in too much with a tubing cutter.I often take a field point and twist it around in the end of the footing to try to minimize that.

The other option would be to use a paste epoxy or Gorilla Glue with the 2117 and DON'T try to open the pinched ends.

Every footing size may not fit perfectly but there are ways to make them work.If the footing size for a shaft is unknown,you really need to get the OD of that shaft measured.Then you can pick the best size aluminum shaft.Here is what you have to work with:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©